Medieval and Renaissance Pawging

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
:patrice:

If memory serves, this is actually a biblical painting depicting the 3 wismen from the bible bringing baby jesus gifts :jbhmm: ...note there are 3 guys with golden "cups".
There are a lot of these 3 wisemen paintings in European art actually.

SEE: Adoration of the Magi

- Adoration of the Magi - Wikipedia

EXAMPLE:

threemagi-701x505.jpg

NOTE:
Yall just reminded me how many years I've been studying this African history stuff to remember something so damned random:skip:
Good pull.
In your studies, did you also notice that there is a difference between religious art that came out of the east(Orthodox Church) versus the West (Catholic and later Protestant churches)?

In the early art from Eastern Europe, it's not uncommon for the Virgin Mary and Jesus to be depicted as brown or dark people.In near every artwork out of the West...they are shown to be of western to northern European phenotype.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
PAWGing is biblical. Genesis 1:27

27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and PAWG he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. PAWG that ye be satisfied. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground and over every PAWG thou shalt encounter.”
29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
31 God saw PAWGs that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

And of course, as you know, God hit the :whew: on the 7th day after all that PAWGing so we gotta chill on Sunday.

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps
Portrait_of_a_Moor_.jpg

This one is called 'Portrait of a Moor' painted back in late 1400's early 1500's. This man was the "consort" of the Princess of The Holy Roman Empire. He was a noble in his own right indicated by his clothes and badge and sword, but he was also a member of her court and went traveling around the empire with her. I mean you just know he had to be fukkin the princess if she is bringing him around the continent with her like that and having her own personal artist painting portraits of him and shyt. Ole Emperor Maximilian had to be furious about that one:lolbron:

Anyway, read more about it here:

Jan Mostaert’s Portrait of a Moor (1520-1530) | The Black Past: Remembered and Reclaimed

Last edited:

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps
Flags, statues, plates...

Multiple Popes had Moors on their Coat of Arms, but ask the average cac and they’ll say there were only a few black Moors in Europe? They hate admitting it. Black people weren’t just ruling Egypt. They ruled a lot moor... I mean more. Why do you think they have crowns on?

main-qimg-82821b28529f263c086f8268b9e86ffc-c

benedictus%2Barms.JPG

benedict-07.jpg

Other “European” Coat of Arms.

:jbhmm:

564px-Schwarzh%C3%A4upter_09.jpg

coat%20of%20arms%20-%20Archbisop%20of%20Munich.jpg

aragon%20l'armorial%20de%20gelre.jpg

Andrews-crest.jpg

129.11.jpg

There are many more examples of this...

:sas2:

Let white people tell it, the Moors were white too. Meanwhile most paintings, statues, flags, crests etc.etc. from that period all depict the Moors as black Africans.

Never mind a lot of the first hand descriptions of them describing them as black, including ole Willy Shakespeare himself.

Also here's another one: Ulriksdal Palace - Wikipedia

Morianbron - Wikipedia

You telling me that blackamoors made it all the way up to Sweden that they built statues of them in the garden of their royal palace, but Moors weren't black? FOH

Last edited: