McNabb and Andy Reid?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You're talking 20 years ago, what a coach does in one era has basically no relation to what they do two decades later. Some coaches come in with a hot new idea, dominate for a while, then eventually fade when the game passes them by. Other coaches start out slow, pay attention and learn from their mistakes, and just get better and better over time. You have to look at their performance in that particular time period, not some other period.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
i dont remember eagles having a defense like chiefs did this season :manny:
Dude what?? 2004 Philly defense was legit as fukk. They only gave up more than 20 like 3 times that season and 1 of those it was the very last game when they rested their starters (they rested their starters the last two games btw after going 13-1 which probably fukked with their defensive stats).

I think they ranked 2nd in points and 10th in yards and again they rested their starters the last two games which messed up their numbers

Last edited:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
They couldn't win at least 1?

I know Mahomes is great, but they do this regardless of who is at WR and up until this yr, a less than average defense.

Was Reid just not aa good of a coach back then vs what he is now? McNabb is notahpmes obviously, but he was more than capable.
The Tampa and Carolina losses shouldn't have happened. But it also shows how much better Andy Reid has gotten at coaching. With the Eagles he wasn't good at making adjustments when being down. He was known as being good when the scripted plays worked. But when those plays weren't working, how do you adjust? Eagles Andy would fold. Chiefs Andy has gotten better as a playcaller and being able to adjust. Even when they lost Tyreek, they adjusted the offense.

broller

Veteran
Daps
I still cant believe the OT clock management.. Someone explain lol

In overtime in the playoffs, the first 15 minutes are like the first quarter. Then the second 15 is like the second quarter. So the chiefs didn't need to hurry up before the clock hit zero in the first quarter. But if that were the second quarter, they would have had to have run their place faster

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They couldn't win at least 1?

I know Mahomes is great, but they do this regardless of who is at WR and up until this yr, a less than average defense.

Was Reid just not aa good of a coach back then vs what he is now? McNabb is notahpmes obviously, but he was more than capable.

Fukk rong witchu :what:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
i dont remember eagles having a defense like chiefs did this season :manny:
20240201_211613.jpg

Had several great defenses under Jim Johnson, spags was one of his proteges on those staffs too. Reid and McNabb both weren't good in a lot of high leverage games/moments, Mahomes is just an all-timer that nullifies those flaws.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The defense won this Super Bowl. Mahomes one of the best we ever seen but this Super Bowl was because of Chris Jones and that defense keeping them in every game

Nah, the D was impressive but Mahomes was amazing considering the receivers he had and the running game was not clicking. Offense, D, special teams were great.