McNabb and Andy Reid?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
They couldn't win at least 1?

I know Mahomes is great, but they do this regardless of who is at WR and up until this yr, a less than average defense.

Was Reid just not aa good of a coach back then vs what he is now? McNabb is notahpmes obviously, but he was more than capable.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

I know Mahomes is great, but they do this regardless of who is at WR and up until this yr, a less than average defense.

Was Reid just not aa good of a coach back then vs what he is now? McNabb is notahpmes obviously, but he was more than capable.
Reid called a shyt game. He just lucky he has an all time QB on his side. Thats why he has 3 with Mahomes.

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island

Patriots had spy cameras

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Reid didn't want to run the ball when necessary and was terrible managing the clock

Mcnabb was an alcoholic that couldn't throw accurate passes and didn't want to scramble when necessary

GM Joe Banner was a Ho and didn't want to pay WRs, LBs or Safeties

**And T.O. Got hurt then got traded as team chemistry imploded**

It is what it is

Last edited:

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
i dont remember eagles having a defense like chiefs did this season :manny:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
They had their chances but only one team can win it every year.

They get by the Bucs that year (who they beat earlier in the season and the season before) and they'd most likely have one championship together. They were clearly the best overall team that season imo.

Ronde Barber is the main reason really. That dude went to another tier that NFCCG and made big play after big play.
I remember they said Tiki Barber gave him a lot of intel about how they play the Eagles for that game.
“If there’s any team in the NFL that knows how to beat Philly, it’s us,” Tiki said.

“I told Ronde the main thing you have to do to beat Philly is figure out their blitz package and find a way to stop it. If you can stop it, if you’re prepared for it, they won’t do it and then you have a chance offensively. The key is protect the quarterback by picking up the blitz package and don’t turn the ball over, because they capitalize on that stuff with defensive touchdowns.

“You got to contain Donovan [McNabb], and they’ve done a great job of containing mobile quarterbacks this year, so I don’t think that’s an issue, but they have to be leery of the big plays. The West Coast offense they run, they’ll nickel and dime you and then they’ll throw in a big play. Deny the big play.”

Tiki met Bucs’ coach Jon Gruden last week and said Gruden was “cool with me” being on the Tampa sideline. Tiki plans on patrolling the Bucs’ sideline again on Sunday.

Additionally, Andy Reid grew as a play caller.

Last edited:

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps

Philly went to four NFC championship games in a row. That in itself is an accomplishment.

Daps
i dont remember eagles having a defense like chiefs did this season :manny:

I'd love to see the stats to compare the two, but those early 2000s Eagles defenses were consistently some of the best in the league. The blame goes Andy Reid, Andy, Reid, Andy Reid......with McNabb and the WRs rounding out the top 5.