MC Solaar - Prose Combat Appreciation Thread

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
This is simply one of the best albums in hip hop history (it's on the long list). The only reason you've not heard it is because of the language barrier.

It came out in 1994. And it was one of the best albums of 1994. Which already puts it in a different class.

If you like funky, lyrical jazz rap... It doesn't get much better than this. I've read translations for some of the songs and it's poetic shyt. But really it's the BEATS and the FLOWS. Smooth as silk, hard-hitting and just gorgeous. Even if you don't understand a word, it doesn't matter because the dude sounds incredible. It's a Q-Tip sorta delivery with a basement lounge in Paris vibe

the producers Jimmy Jay and Boom Bass do some really cool shyt where they do multiple variations of the same beat in one song. It happens throughout the album.

@3:54, notice the beat tweak, then again @4:14

Another super cool beat with multiple variations

There are 15 tracks, and 13 are undeniable classics.

For those who've heard it, give your thoughts. For those who are interested in checking it out, look for the French and US Editions. The UK version sucks.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know all of his music (was a little before my time and never got around to go listen to his older stuff) but the people i know who are fans of his have often told me he might be top 5 ever (and not just top 5 french rappers either). Like i said, i haven't heard enough to judge but from the stuff that i've heard so far, i could see it being true. his style is so poetic and effortless. lyrically, he's a master.