MC Lyte and Queen Latifah put out a dope song/video about Black Men produced by Nottz & The Coli ignores it but complains about Sexyy Red

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:

I don't get this comment. Kendrick had bigger commercial hits after Control. Damn went 3X platinum 4 years after Control.

I think Control elevated him,just like this beef has elevated him. Without these moments of controversy how long could he have maintained,just making good music? While staying out the way,not really having controversy? Having large gaps of inactivity? I gave him Lupe status,which is about 2 albums before the decline comes which was Kendricks same trajectory. This beef gave him new life:respect:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I think Control elevated him,just like this beef has elevated him. Without these moments of controversy how long could he have maintained,just making good music? While staying out the way,not really having controversy? Having large gaps of inactivity? I gave him Lupe status,which is about 2 albums before the decline comes which was Kendricks same trajectory. This beef gave him new life:respect:

Tho I agree this beef gave him new life, I'm looking at Wikipedia and every solo song before and after Control between his 1st and 2nd album charted higher then Control. I can't see how the lowest charting song between his 1st and 2nd album would elevate him. That math don't add up.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
of course a group consisting of 1.5 lesbians over the age of 50 would make a song like this

But when the .5 heterosexual woman was young...

"eat, fukk, sleep, shyt and then its back to the streets to make a buck quick"
:mjpls:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
of course a group consisting of 1.5 lesbians over the age of 50 would make a song like this

But when the .5 heterosexual woman was young...

"eat, fukk, sleep, shyt and then its back to the streets to make a buck quick"
:mjpls:

But you cherry picking. A year after that song u posted Lyte was telling the Black Man she's willing to be submissive and wants to be chosen badly. And that once he finally chooses her, she'll show him her appreciation:

I wanna be put on in the worst way
Since the first day
I think it was a Thursday
You be that brother that I wanna sink my teeth in
Make me wanna ask "Where the hell you been?"

And Latifah was telling the man who she was trying to get chose on that once he chooses her she'd be the type to relax not just his body but his mind as well after a stressful day.

Skip tha Moet, let's chill with some Alize
'Nuff stress in our day
Let me massage your mind as my mental starts to play

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More

LYTES VOICE SOUNDS FRIED.

SHE A SMOKER?

HOW THE fukk MC LYTE
ONLY GOT 7K YOUTUBE FOLLOWERS?
:devil:
:evil:

Maybe Lyte didn’t have to buy followers…

It’s good for rappers to actually interact with their fans rather than through a publicist

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just heard this shyt yesterday. It's good. You have to give new songs time to reach people.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Rapsody has made similar themed songs before and those don’t get any push either. There isn’t any room these days for conscience female rap. If you ain’t shaking yo ass then nobody hears you