Mayweather: Maidana Caught Me With a Good Shot

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Have y'all ever worn a pair of 'punchers' gloves? Maidanas a puncher and Floyd had all the leverage, pretty simple. If you go from Grant's(where you have to push hard as fukk to feel the knuckle), to MX's or Reyes's you'd think there was some padding removed. It's how they structure the padding for strong wrist support( more tension allowed at POI), as opposed to strong knuckle support.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
u gotta ask floyd on that and of course hes going to say they were fine, maybe he took cotto lightly.... people were already saying floyd was scared of manny, imagine him saying manny couldnt wear the cleto gloves?

but lets keep it legit here... look at the video... look at the red gloves, why didnt floyd say anything after they were compared?... cuz he knew they were the same breh, thats how those gloves are... the gloves were fine.... i heard stories that some where in the UK they wanted to get them out the sport... ponce de leon said they are dangerous gloves.

but at the end of the day they are legal to wear.

i know you a die hard floyd fan and thats ok, its obvious but u have to be objective here and look at the truth.

So why do you think Floyd rejected the gloves

Like I said he had it in his mind Maidana was trying to be slick so he was gonna refuse those gloves no matter what. To me it looked like a "oh you trying to do me dirty, I got something for you" type situation. He first said "put him in the same shyt as me" meaning Grants which are more padded in the knuckle area than the Everlast but still good gloves GGG wears Grants. The powerlocks get an undue rep, while its true they are a bit more padded in the knuckle than MXs they are still a solid more streamlined glove. Lopez broke Ortiz jaw with powerlocks, Canelo snatched James Kirklands soul with powerlocks, Provodnikov wears powerlocks. Even Robert Garcia said that a lot of guys in his gym like the powerlocks and that they were good gloves Marcos just wasnt used to using them.

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
there's more to that than the glove....ortiz decided he wanted to eat uppercuts like it was the thing to do..shyt i wasn't even surprised thats what happened lol

The thing is though that if the gloves were really "pillows" or whatever other bullshyt was being thrown out then he wouldnt have been able to do so.

Ill tell you Ortiz didnt want to eat them hes just a dummy fighter. His guard is garbage as fukk, hes open to uppercuts all day, he keeps his elbows chicken winged instead of tucked in nor does he stay consistently high and tight, he leans forward all the damn time and the weakness in his guard is magnified when he goes on the offensive because hes to slow put his guard back in place and half the time he leaves it lowered by few more inches opening him up further to not just the uppercut but the hook as well.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Like I said he had it in his mind Maidana was trying to be slick so he was gonna refuse those gloves no matter what. To me it looked like a "oh you trying to do me dirty, I got something for you" type situation. He first said "put him in the same shyt as me" meaning Grants which are more padded in the knuckle area than the Everlast but still good gloves GGG wears Grants. The powerlocks get an undue rep, while its true they are a bit more padded in the knuckle than MXs they are still a solid more streamlined glove. Lopez broke Ortiz jaw with powerlocks, Canelo snatched James Kirklands soul with powerlocks, Provodnikov wears powerlocks. Even Robert Garcia said that a lot of guys in his gym like the powerlocks and that they were good gloves Marcos just wasnt used to using them.

:what:

have someone hit u in the face with a mx glove then with a powerlock and come back and tell me how that went.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

have someone hit u in the face with a mx glove then with a powerlock and come back and tell me how that went.
Did you read my post? It has to do with ability to push more torque through your wrist or your knuckles. Have you boxed before?

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

Your sounding kinda ignorant right about now so ill put you on to game breh. Yes I have been hit by both I have also been hit by Cletos, Winning, Grants,Title, Proforce to name a few but at the end of the day it doesnt really make a big difference in the glove though its about the man hitting you and how you take the hit.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Did you read my post? It has to do with ability to push more torque through your wrist or your knuckles. Have you boxed before?
dont get all technical... i know which gloves gives u more damage.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Your sounding kinda ignorant right about now so ill put you on to game breh. Yes I have been hit by both I have also been hit by Cletos, Winning, Grants,Title, Proforce to name a few but at the end of the day it doesnt really make a big difference in the glove though its about the man hitting you and how you take the hit.
of course it matters what man is hitting u, also what glove hes wearing.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
You know he's referencing Winning (the most padded 'hand friendly' glove) and Cleto's reyes in the same anecdote correct?

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science

It really doesn't especially if your using training gloves which are usually 12 ounces up to 16 ounces as opposed to the competition gloves that are only 8-10 ounces even then its really almost exclusively about the man hitting you
and the way you take the punch.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
It really doesn't especially if your using training gloves which are usually 12 ounces up to 16 ounces as opposed to the competition gloves that are only 8-10 ounces even then its really almost exclusively about the man hitting you
and the way you take the punch.
:francis:.... breh ur talking nonsense now... ur best bet is to ask that question in a boxing forum where u will get a lot of hits on the question and see how that goes for u.

and yes of course it matters whos hitting u :snoop: u shouldnt even have to add that, its common sense.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
YoungSingleEquine.gif

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
:francis:.... breh ur talking nonsense now... ur best bet is to ask that question in a boxing forum where u will get a lot of hits on the question and see how that goes for u.

and yes of course it matters whos hitting u :snoop: u shouldnt even have to add that, its common sense.

What question? I didnt ask a question, I made a statement.

I have sparred with guys who have used pretty much every glove I ever heard of and some at the time I didnt know existed. Ive personally only used a handful (no pun intended) of gloves myself because usually when you
find a brand or a few brands you really like you stick with those brands for years. The difference (in my experience anyhow) in a fighters gloves when they do switch brands is negligible at best, although I will say that's usually because you stick to a similar feeling glove. The reason for differences in gloves at all is all about how they feel to you on your hand not about one glove giving you special KO powers or something.