Mayor Eric Adams: King of NY Official Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

They can’t vote until next fall

::mjlol:
I’ve attacked Adams for his ineptitude but this is actually a good idea. There is no housing available and while I’m aware it’s because corporations, rich foreign migrants and wealthy NY’ers are hoarding this is probably the fastest thing he can do right now.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
I’ve attacked Adams for his ineptitude but this is actually a good idea. There is no housing available and while I’m aware it’s because corporations, rich foreign migrants and wealthy NY’ers are hoarding this is probably the fastest thing he can do right now.

My issue is with waiting till next fall…

bnew

Veteran
Daps

New York Rolling Out $1,000 Public Trash Cans Intended to Keep Rats at Bay​

Sanitation Dept. posted images of the new bins, which appear to have vents too small for rodents to crawl through unlike current mesh ones​

Published 09/18/23 03:04 PM ET|Updated 09/18/23 05:20 PM ET
Monique Merrill

New York Rolling Out $1,000 Public Trash Cans Intended to Keep Rats at Bay

New York To Roll Out Pricey, ‘Highly Specialized’ Mesh Garbage CansNYC Department of Sanitation (2)

They say one man’s trash is man’s treasure. In this case, it’s the trash can that is the treasure of New York City’s sanitation department.

Dubbed the “Better Bin,” the city’s new trash cans are expected to hit the streets in the next few weeks, Sanitation Commissioner Jessica Tisch told Gothamist.

While the cans may appear to be standard, undistinguished receptacles, the design is in fact “rat resistant,” according to the city. The bins are also designed to be more difficult for “public misuse,” and easier for staff to empty.

The bins were designed by Group Project, the winners of a city-sponsored trash can redesign competition four years ago. The lead designer of the company, Colin Kelly, told Gothamist that manufacturing the cans, which have a vented design that replaces the old mesh wire ones, was a “highly specialized process” relying on injection molding.

The cans were intended to be rolled out around a month ago, but hiccups in production delayed that initiative. The cans have three major components: a metal and concrete stand that partially covers one side of the receptacle, a mesh liner made of high-density polyethylene, and a bisected lid that sits atop the structure.

“It's easier to make the stand and the metal portion [of the trash can] than it is to make the liner,” Kelly said.

Read More
The cans are expected to replace the green metal mesh cans seen around the streets of New York, a design that has been used by the city since the 1930s, the sanitation department told Gothamist. The cans are heavy and difficult to empty and are something of a haven for trash-loving rats.

Tisch said replacing the cans was “a priority” and aims to replace the city’s 23,000 trash cans over the next several years as the budget allows for, the outlet reported. Each one costs around $1,000, according to Gothamist.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
All this is going to do is have them kicking people out to further gentrification.