‘MaXXXine’ | Official Trailer | A24 (Sequel to Ti West’s ‘X’) [7/5]

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ohhhhhh shyt we getting a giallo horror movie to wrap up the trilogy?!

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/12/8/t1k3x92r78ub7hlnji22in1duxc1gt

Ti West’s “MaXXXine” test screened last night in Burbank, California. Reactions seem to be veering more on the positive side for this one. It’s an homage to Dario Argento and the “Giallo” genre!

Mia Goth is back for “MaXXXine,” which takes place in 1985, five years after “X,” as Goth’s “heroine” sets out in Hollywood to find fame. She gets a role in a cheapie horror sequel. Lily Collins is Maxine’s co-star. Elizabeth Debicki plays the director of the film. Giancarlo Esposito is Maxine’s shady agent.

L.A. is being terrorized by the “night stalker” who, for some reason, is eager to meet Maxine. Bobby Canavale and Michelle Monaghan are the detectives working the case. A scene-stealing Kevin Bacon is the corrupt private investigator hired by an anonymous person to find Maxine.

MaXXXine,” which wrapped production in May, is filled with “over the top gore” and kicks off its story to the sounds of ZZ Top’s “Give Me All Your Lovin’.” Apparently, there are also scenes that take place in Psycho’s famous Bates Motel (via Critical Overlord).

As for the secret actor who appears in “MaXXXine.” I know who it is, but let’s keep it tight-lipped for now because it’s said to be a major highlight in the movie.

For many in attendance, when asked, it was hard to pick what the best of the trilogy was — all three films are their own unique statements. What West has created is a trilogy that includes a Texan slasher (“X”), a technicolor nightmare (“Pearl”) and, now, a Giallo.

Goth is really hot these days. Her “Pearl” performance seems to have opened up a lot of doors for her career, and for good reason — she delivered one of the best performances of 2022, and absolutely deserved some awards recognition for it. Her performance in “MaXXXine” is said to be more subdued, but still “very stellar.”

There is currently no release date for “MaXXXine.” All we know is that it’ll be released in 2024. Where will it premiere? SXSW? Cannes?

This gonna be LIIIIIT

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GCdW6AHWgAAi-SH

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

A background actor sued Mia Goth on Friday, alleging that she intentionally kicked him in the head during a scene last April.
James Hunter claims that he suffered a concussion after Goth kicked him during production on the A24 sequel “MaXXXine.” The film is the third in a trilogy of horror films directed by Ti West and starring Goth, following “X” and “Pearl,” both of which were released in 2022.

In the lawsuit, Hunter states that he was hired for three days of work to play the role of “Dead Parishioner.” On the first night of shooting, he lay on the ground for several hours covered in fake blood, “enduring ants and mosquitoes.”

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Followed him into the bathroom to taunt him about it? :gucci: I'd be confused like "Is this bytch making a pass at me???"

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That first X film was more gross than it was scary. Im sick of these films trying to pass off grossness and creepiness as something thats supposed to scare you. No,im just grossed out :unimpressed: . Now Michael Myers? He was scary.