Maturing is realizing Money Power Respect is a way better LOX album than We Are The Streets

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Let’s keep it a stack .. We Are the streets was cool and served its purpose at the time but MPR Is way more cohesive and timeless .. the puff association be having nikkas scared to admit the truth

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Lived those in real times, and was in 9th grade when We Are The Streets dropped, that was a major time in the game. Just being like 13, Jay was out, Lox was out, Beanie Sigel, all those people who would be legends. Jada. Fiending for that Jada solo. Like harassing employees at Sam Goody. I have a funny memory of playing that album in the car on my headphones and my Mom being like TURN THAT DOWN my grandma was in the car LOL playing fukk You

Would say they are about even. Major label debuts of their time. THey reflect the good and bad points of 1998 and 2000. Some bad production on both. Or dated production. One was too glossy, one was too street. The bars on We Are The Streets are tighter. All three kind of found their style by then. Songs like Recognize are timeless. but so are songs like All For The Love or Not To Be fukked With.

Don't listen to either very much anymore, and a lot of albums just age and drop songs. Like there's maybe 4 I run back from each album.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
Nah we are the streets is better.

But MPR is not a bad album...in fact its really good with some gems. The only corny songs i remember were we'll always love big poppa and if you think im jiggy....i liked both btw. MPR is dope based off the kiss solo alone. I feel the hitmen production on that album made it less unqiue ie the lox and more bad boy.

We are the streets they were in their doing them. I listen to w r the streets yearly. Thread makes me want to revisit mpr

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I've been saying this for years.

I hate We Are The Streets simply because Swizz Beatz for a full album is annoying. Swizz is good for a few bangers but a whole album of his production grows stale.

This was dope tho

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Truth.

Just because they shed the shiny suits, people automatically assumed WATS was better.

And "Wild Out" is an annoying song because of the chorus. Puff would've given that song the :camby:Knock off "Jigga My Niggroso"

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
OP was just not built like that.

He's straight tripping.

He probably don't have a scar on his face; but he would if he stepped TF out instead of being a good boy listening 2 grandma.

Cheek 2 chin phaggot.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Only thing Money Power Respect has over We Are the Streets is "All for the Love".

200w.gif

YourMumsRoom

Black Excellence
Daps
Reppin
Where I shouldn't be
Yes and yes. Jada NEEDED that Badboy writing camp pressure. After that he was just nice not the 'heir to the throne' as he was being talked about after MPR dropped.
:manny: