Mathew Knowles: Only Light Skinned Women Like Beyonce Hit the Charts

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The sad thing most of the women that the media finds attractive all have mixed backgrounds, and I dont mean like 2 generations back. But like mom or grandparent are either white or something else.

Superstar
Daps
he said his comment wasn't based on emotions but research he viewed as a professor of entertainment management at TSU. they went back 15 years (2000-2015) looking at the skin tone of bw/mixed women who appeared on charts & most were LS.

he acknowledged that outside of the 15 year period non-LS women may have seen more success & that within the 15 year period exceptions exist (ex mary j blige)

Last edited:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
:patrice: all the chicks love that one chick and she chocolate. I can't think of her name but she had the side chick anthem

SZA

Its been like that for a long time now..... A LONG TIME.

Well...a lot of famous Black political leaders are or were light skin

Being lightskin is low key a cheat code to national attention... however they still suffer just in different ways

Last edited:

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
Its been like that for a long time now..... A LONG TIME.

Last mega dark skin women star was?
L. Boogie if not mistaken..
And tho some may laugh, I think Amara la Negra is one the only ppl on the horizon to have 'universal appeal'.. if she plays her cards right, and alot of breaks fall in her favor, ofc. :hubie:

Last edited: