Masterstrokes of Gaming

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think the big and most influential is street fighter and notations for special moves.

It has crossed genres since implemented.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Exiting vault 101 in Fallout 3. A top 5 game introduction

What did you like about it?:usure:

That's a notoriously bad game opening, one of the most popular mods for the game is one that removes vault 101.

I'd argue Prey has a better opening and it's not even that good.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Resident Evil 4's hidden dynamic difficulty. The better you play, the more enemies deal damage and become more aggressive. Enemies will deal less damage and will attack you less often the more you die.

Last edited:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Resident Evil 4 still has the best pacing of any game I've ever played.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is the greatest subtitle ever.

The written dreams in Lost Odyssey are the best pieces of writing that I've ever seen in gaming

Bioshock 1 with Would you kindly. We were all so unassuming till the end. That shyt was masterful.

The feature set of NFL2K5, in relation to date of release, is the most expansive ever.

I like this topic.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall talking about everything but actually gaming with these games

The original Mario Brothers is the blueprint for any side scrolling platformer to action platformers like ninja gaiden to castlevania, the physics, the secret passage ways and multiple routes through levels its a revolutionary game which were later perfected and taking to a new level with the original sonic the hedgehog

Super Metroid of course for it's one map level design and progression system that's still used today

Ocarina of Time was the first game with locked on targeting, also the first RPG when you changed equipment the character's appearance changed, you could go under water, ride a horse, first game to use fast travel system, it was the most innovative game ever made and modern gaming still uses all the things that were first implemented in this game.

Grand Theft Auto 2, I never played the original GTA, but GTA2 is more open world and a true sandbox game unlike the recent open world games from Rockstar like Red Dead and GTAV, where you fail missions if you don't do them by the script. This was the first game with the mission system we see in all open world games today, and you were giving the creativity to complete these missions anyway with the tools you are given in the game. The gameplay was fun and I would like to play a newer game in this style of game, surprise there hasn't been any clones of this.

GTA 3, which brought everything GTA2 had as far as freedom to do whatever you want in this world, you could do way more in this game than in GTAV and Red Dead put together, it's one mission where you have to kill a target but it's hard to catch him when he gets in his car and start driving, you can literally rigged his car with explosives before you start the mission, and blow him up as soon as he gets in the car, you can't do that in the new rockstar games, they care won't even put there in the open world until its scripted, and you would fail the mission not following all the cues in the script, these new games are not open at all.

I think the big and most influential is street fighter and notations for special moves.

It has crossed genres since implemented.

Nice choices. I wasn’t necessarily discussing the most influential games or the originators of certain mechanics. I think OOT/GTA3 are GOAT-tier games but I think Majora Mask was the master stroke of that series.

Nice find on street fighter and command moves, @The Mad Titan.

Resident Evil 4's hidden dynamic difficulty. The better you play, the more enemies deal damage and become more aggressive. Enemies will deal less damage and will attack you less often the more you die.

This is a great choice too.

Resident Evil 4 still has the best pacing of any game I've ever played.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is the greatest subtitle ever.

The written dreams in Lost Odyssey are the best pieces of writing that I've ever seen in gaming

Bioshock 1 with Would you kindly. We were all so unassuming till the end. That shyt was masterful.

The feature set of NFL2K5, in relation to date of release, is the most expansive ever.

I like this topic.

A 1000 Years of Dreams from a LO is a perfect master stroke in gaming!

Bio shock 1 is a perfect example of the “master stroke” in the series not necessarily being the best or most fun game in the series.