Masters of Horror Face off: Romero or Argento? Poll Open for limited time.

Who you got?

• Argento

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Romero

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Ain't fukking wit me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Argento. Deep Red, Tenebrae, Suspiria, Inferno, Opera, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage are all terrific. Tenebrae is what really got me into giallo. Everything down from the kills to the bright red blood/color palette. Thought some of his best camera work came from this one.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I honestly need to watch more Argento films to give a fair judgement but I'm also a Romero stan, so it's probable my vote stays with him. The social commentary aspects of Romero films have always been something I mark out for and the type of approach to writing that will always win me over.

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Interesting comparison as they were collaborators on several projects and seemed to be close friends. Honestly their relationship & learning about Argento’s love of the Dead series grew my appreciation for Argento.

When it comes to their individual artistic styles they obviously vary greatly. Argento’s movies seem more about unraveling mystery and enjoying visuals, but there are aspects of Italian horror overall which I have certain qualms. There are people who love the Giallo style but to me it’s no comparison; Romero’s balance of horror, storytelling and social allegory make for some of my all-time favorites in the genre.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I honestly need to watch more Argento films to give a fair judgement but I'm also a Romero stan, so it's probable my vote stays with him. The social commentary aspects of Romero films have always been something I mark out for and the type of approach to writing that will always win me over.
Argento dont got alotta wack fliks.
Which is funny that hes the king of Giallo and maybe my least favorite joint from him is...

Giallo.

:deadmanny:

I think he also did that "Jenifer" episode on Masters of Horror. Which was wild!