Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm a Marvel Stan but......... I think they're doing too much with the TV shows. And because I never saw Dare Devil (will binge watch it eventually), never saw Iron Fist and only watched 30% of Luke Cage, I'm not really hype for this.

Jessica Jones was dope, so I'm looking forward to season 2.

It just seems as though the TV sections of Marvel is constantly trying to keep up with the MCU. From a resource and quality stand point, its impossible.

They could put more resources into AOS. :manny:
:troll:
hey brehs i was thinking about watching the godfather 1 but i saw godfather 3 and it sucked. Not too hyped.

But I heard Terminator was dope movie though. I'm not too hyped though just saw salvation. prolly gonna be trash.

trolling but cmon bruh. take your ass home and watch daredevil season 1. dont watch anymore mcu netflix series until you see the original.

OmegaZero

Zero
Daps
Well thats just yall who aint hyped or excited... man I'm counting the days down till this drops!

Been waiting for a minute for this

shyt feels like the day before Thanksgiving

Martha
Im still hype as hell too but I understand why some aint as hyped. Glowsticks Fist really killed off some of the hype for people, especially with that being the last show people watched or tried to watch :mjlol:. Still cant wait for Friday :banderas:

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
So do you need to watch all the shows before this one? I've only seen Daredevil. I might watch Jessica Jones but the reviews for Luke Cage and Iron Fist turned me off to those

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So do you need to watch all the shows before this one? I've only seen Daredevil. I might watch Jessica Jones but the reviews for Luke Cage and Iron Fist turned me off to those
Story wise you really just need to see daredevil season 1 and 2 to understand everything thats going in the defenders.
Iron fist ties into the hand a bit too but ... yeah

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:yeshrug:
No idea. I just looked it up and saw it actually got good reviews :russ:
Guess I was wrong, but I thought the consensus was that Daredevil and Jessica Jones were the 2 best
Luke Cage was alright, it mostly just character and culture driven. Not too many action packed payoffs. In fact none of the fight scenes really stand out except for one or two.They both happen during the first half of the season. So you might get bored after the mid point of the season. especially after
cottonmouth dies halfway through the season
But up to that point i was hooked.
Iron fist had a really whiney and annoying protagonist, and pitiful fight choreography. There is a bit of story underneath it all but they spend too much time in conference rooms for us to care. If you don't like the first episode, don't expect to be won over in future ones.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Luke Cage was alright, it mostly just character and culture driven. Not too many action packed payoffs. In fact none of the fight scenes really stand out except for one or two.They both happen during the first half of the season. So you might get bored after the mid point of the season. especially after
cottonmouth dies halfway through the season
But up to that point i was hooked.
Iron fist had a really whiney and annoying protagonist, and pitiful fight choreography. There is a bit of story underneath it all but they spend too much time in conference rooms for us to care. If you don't like the first episode, don't expect to be won over in future ones.

Diamondback >>>>>>>>

He had the lines and brought the fukkery!!:mjlol:

Martha

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Diamondback >>>>>>>>

He had the lines and brought the fukkery!!:mjlol:

Martha
shyt was :gag: to me. Dude was the corniest villian i have ever seen, including the cartoons. He was always reciting bible quotes, but not specific ones chosen contextually for the movie, just random ones commonly used in tv and movies all the time. "am i my brothers keeper?" :francis: thinking he sounds deep. I'm like you know we already heard that before right?

really really cheesy. literally made me laugh at scenes where i wasn't suppose to. Oh he's trying to intimidate some mob bosses lets watch....2 minutes later:mjlol:
Oh he just shot somebody, thats dark ....:francis:....:mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I feel you and respect you opinion

Just for me..... it felt DB moved the story faster and was an actual physical threat to Cage.

With CM, neither Cage or us the audience ever felt like he was in danger with CM.

Yes maybe his world or the people around him.... but never specifically him.

I loved that element DB brought.

I get how some people love their villains to just "talk and not throw a single punch" and all that, hell the villain being labeled as the greatest killed only 2 people, didn't throw one punch and got his ass whooped with th quickness......

And that's cool

But for me..... I like to see someone that can and is willing to go toe to toe with the hero.

Martha