Marvels new series “Agatha all along” is being praised as Marvels Gayest show to date. Is Marvel back?

Daps

Agatha All Along first reviews praise Marvel’s ‘gayest project to date’​

Charlie Duncan
agatha-all-along-reviews-gay-marvel.jpg

Agatha All Along is Marvel’s ‘gayest project to date’ (Marvel)
Agatha All Along has received positive first reviews, and been called Marvel’s “gayest project to date”.
The WandaVision spin-off stars Kathryn Hahn as witch Agatha Harkness, alongside Broadway legend Patti LuPone, Heartstopper‘s Joe Locke, Aubrey Plaza and Sasheer Zamata.
Responding to the “gayest project” label, creator Jac Schaeffer told Variety: “I will take that and I will love that and I will tuck that under my pillow at night. This show is about love, found family and theatricality, and [about] the good, fabulous, well-styled kind of nastiness.”
Plaza, who plays Rio Vidal, simply joked: “It better be, ’cause that’s what I signed up for.”
Locke has previously said his character, Teen, is gay, and proves that Marvel isn’t just for straight men.

What are the Agatha All Alongreviews saying?​

Daniel Baptista wrote for The Movie Podcastthat Hahn is: “Iconic as ever and delivers a deliciously devious and spellbinding performance,” while “Joe Locke is a scene stealer.”
BamSmackPow’s Michael Patterson called the show: “Absolutely batsh*t crazy in all the right kinds of ways,” as well as: “vivid, outlandish and brilliant.”
Meanwhile, Cody Schultz told FanSided readers: “Marvel has outdone themselves. It’s an absolutely bewitching follow-up to WandaVisionwith lots of fun Easter eggs along the way… Kathryn Hahn’s performance is perfection, Joe Locke is iconic and the full ensemble is spectacular.”
Joseph Deckelmeier, from ScreenRant, wrote on X/Twitter: “This series is insanely fun and engaging. It’s got that same captivating vibe as WandaVision. Absolutely love the ensemble cast portraying the coven. Kathryn Hahn is brilliant and Aubrey Plaza is outstanding.”
Agatha All Along is due to premiere on Disney+ on Wednesday (18 September).

Daps

‘Agatha All Along’ Stars Kathryn Hahn, Aubrey Plaza and Joe Locke on How Queer It Is: ‘It Will Be a Gay Explosion by the End of It’​

Marc MalkinSep 17, 2024 2:52pm PT
Thumbnail of the embedded video

The cast and creatives behind “Agatha All Along” are celebrating the Disney+ series’ unprecedented LGBTQ representation.

“I would agree with that,” Sasheer Zamata, who plays Jennifer Kale, said when told at Monday’s premiere that “Agatha” has been described as “the gayest project Marvel has ever done. “You’ll see when you watch. Witches are queer, inherently, just because we are outcasts and set aside for many reasons. This show shows a really good representation of different types of people and that we can all use the power we have within to go forward and be great.”

Joe Locke, who plays Teen, explained, “It’s got many layers and gay is one of them. That’s one of the great things about the show. … Teen is a queer guy on the show, but it’s not the driving force, which I think is really great. It’s really nice to just have these positive queer characters.”

Kathryn Hahn, who stars as Agatha Harkness explained, “What is the most exciting thing about it is is that’s not exactly what it’s about. It’s so normalized.

Locke came out publicly shortly after his star-making acting debut in “Heartstopper.” Zamata, a former “Saturday Night Live” player, came out as queer in an interview earlier this month with LGBTQ outlet Them. “I’ve always looked up to Wanda Sykes as another Black queer woman in comedy living her truth is really inspiring and awesome,” she said at the “Agatha” premiere. “I feel proud to be amongst a lot of great people who do that openly.”

Aubrey Plaza, who said in interview with the Advocate in 2016 that she falls in love with men and women, was tightlipped about details but cracked about “Agatha,” “It will be a gay explosion by the end of it.”

Plaza plays Rio Vidal while Marvel newcomer Patti LuPone portrays Lila Calderu.

“It is the gayest show on Marvel,” said Ali Ahn, who plays Alice Wu-Gulliver. “There is a lot of pageantry we’re already competing with. I think the thing that makes it more gay is that we are singing with Patti.”

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The only issue i have with it, is they have removed all female sex appeal from modern cinema in favor of plain jane everyday looking woman.

If they had a show about gay witches in the 90s, it would look like this.
witchy-delights-bold-halloween-pinup-design-featuring-two-girls-pumpkin_983420-1730.jpg

Instead we probably going to get this
9036917.png

i don't see the point of having sexuality that is not sexually appealing to anyone.

Last edited: