Marvels Captain America 4 (Date TBC)

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
They gave Idris Elba a BS role. (Meanwhile Paul Rudd got to star in 3 mid movies...I digress)

They're probably doing the same thing to Giancarlo.

You hung up on "race" swapping and elevating z-list black characters drawn into the background - and I'm focusing on getting great Black Actors into great roles because those lead to good movies.
Tbh a lot of great actors in these joints have been :francis:
Comic movies not a lot of roles let you flex the acting muscles. Like people dont know how good an actor the guy who played shang chi's father is Tony Leung. Christian bale, Mads Mikkelsen Christopher Eccelston etc. Unfortunate but it is what it is

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Tbh a lot of great actors in these joints have been :francis:
Comic movies not a lot of roles let you flex the acting muscles. Like people dont know how good an actor the guy who played shang chi's father is Tony Leung. Christian bale, Mads Mikkelsen Christopher Eccelston etc.

Tony Leung was the best thing about Shang Chi, and they criminally wasted Michelle Yeoh.

But I agree with your larger point. How much good acting can go into something depends on the story, director, and editor.

Keep in mind all 4 of those cats were MAIN VILLAINS and 3 of those movies were for Thor.... ( I digress, but Marvel typically has a villain problem despite giving great actors a solid paycheck)

But a "minor hero" role for an actor of Esposito's skill level and renown?
When he could give at least a Josh Brolin level performance...or at least a Michael Keaton level performance?

We haven't seen the movie yet....
Maybe he steals the show, and GW Bridge becomes the next... Agatha Harkness/White Widow.

That said, off rip, Giancarlo deserves better.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
They gave Idris Elba a BS role. (Meanwhile Paul Rudd got to star in 3 mid movies...I digress)

They're probably doing the same thing to Giancarlo.

You hung up on "race" swapping and elevating z-list black characters drawn into the background - and I'm focusing on getting great Black Actors into great roles because those lead to good movies.
:mjlol:Idris auditioned for that role lol. And of course Rudd got 3 movies he’s Ant Man. You’re hung up on throwing black characters away. Because they’re lesser known than popular white characters.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I've had my criticism of Marvel but I loved the trailer. That joint brought me back to "Winter Solider". It's much more grounded. LOL @ Harrison Ford looking like President Biden, But no lie, this joint looked tough.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
A bid disappointing how dull the color grading/cinematography is.

This looks too much like Falcon & Winter Soldier and not cinematic enough.

They filled this trailer with so much Giancarlo when his stuff was just reshoot stuff added last minute.

His character is basically
a shield agent

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:Idris auditioned for that role lol. And of course Rudd got 3 movies he’s Ant Man. You’re hung up on throwing black characters away. Because they’re lesser known than popular white characters.

:mjlol:at you thinking the streets wants GW Bridge. Can't throw something away that nobody wanted in the first place...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Winter Soldier vibes. I'm here for it. Especially because Falcon and Winter Soldier still my favorite Marvel show. I know I stand alone on that take.
WandaVision is hyped up as the best but the majority it seems, but I thought FATWS was better. Only thing that held it back imo was aspects of how they carried out the Flag Smashers

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
action is gonna be terrible :hubie: that signature falcon-cap kick-twist attack move ain't as cool as someone behind the camera seems to think it is.

this film will depend on the script and actor interplay. harrison ford and breh cap are almost guaranteed to do a good job.

from that trailer it looks like a souped up version of TFAWS (which is not a good thing).

reminder:

that is how you build narrative tension. this film ain't gonna have it.

:francis:

Last edited: