Marvel Studios To Skip Comic-Con. Warner Bros. To Have Significant DC Comics Presentation

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Marvel doesn't really need to impress right now. They've already established what they are and what they're going to be in the cinematic universe. Plus everyone knows Civil War is going to be a monster when that trailer inevitably hits.

DC is the one people are still :lupe: about.

We've got the Suicide Squad set pics which makes that film look like an automatic blockbuster win but we still don't know who Shazam is, who Green Lantern is, what Wonder Woman, Aquaman Flash and Cyborg are going to look like on film.. or really what any of them will look and feel like outside of Superman via MOS.

So this will be a great opportunity for DC to shine light on some or a lot of that... and if they do it right, there's no point in Marvel stressing about it, as everyone knew DC was going to have their time in the sun with the hype. For the fans, competition is a good thing, so hopefully DC does impress.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Bomberman

Like a C4.
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Marvel is comics, no excuse they shouldn't be at Comic Con.

I still remember going to Comic Con as a youngster and taking pictures with Stan Lee and being star struck with nearly everything there.

shyt is bigger than comics, Marvel and DC helped build this empire. It's awkward having Comic Con with one missing. Put down the "corporate strategy" and think of the essence.

That's what I hate about fanboys and competition. People stay putting these two companies against each other when they're really Brothers in Arms.

Remember nerds were always nerds and shamed for comics no matter if you read Marvel or DC. Cats didn't care if you were reading Superman or talking about Banshee, you were still a dweeb and a lame. Now the same cats shaming them are now influencing the directions Marvel and DC are going.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Marvel is comics, no excuse they shouldn't be at Comic Con.

I still remember going to Comic Con as a youngster and taking pictures with Stan Lee and being star struck with nearly everything there.

shyt is bigger than comics, Marvel and DC helped build this empire. It's awkward having Comic Con with one missing. Put down the "corporate strategy" and think of the essence.

That's what I hate about fanboys and competition. People stay putting these two companies against each other when they're really Brothers in Arms.

Remember nerds were always nerds and shamed for comics no matter if you read Marvel or DC. Cats didn't care if you were reading Superman or talking about Banshee, you were still a dweeb and a lame. Now the same cats shaming them are now influencing the directions Marvel and DC are going.
I'm thinking its just Marvel Studios (MCU) not going, not Marvel Comics. Stan Lee will probably still be there just like every other comic con in the US.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's called "Comic Con" and Marvel Comics isn't going to be there. :ld:

They could have at least shared some news on what's going to come out of Secret Wars but wait.. these are the same people who are killing off Wolverine (already have) and plan to kill off FF and X-Men over petty beefs with other film studios :scust:

but.. they are all about the fans. :troll:

• Dap

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
DC is gonna be pretty much

BvS cast
JL cast with GL actor announcement
Suicide Squad cast
WW cast
Shazam lead actor and director
Flash director
Some major actor joining the universe
Teaser trailer for SS and 2nd trailer for BvS

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's called "Comic Con" and Marvel Comics isn't going to be there. :ld:

They could have at least shared some news on what's going to come out of Secret Wars but wait.. these are the same people who are killing off Wolverine (already have) and plan to kill off FF and X-Men over petty beefs with other film studios :scust:

but.. they are all about the fans. :troll:

I'm pretty sure the comics wing will be there breh

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
They only have Cap 3 in production and that just started filming :yeshrug:

They showed cap 1 and GOTG at previous Comic Cons and they were literally only weeks into production

They probably just want to save everything for D23.

• Dap

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
"Marvel Studios To Skip Comic-Con"

It's right there in the title, brehs :heh:

Pretty much, and I don't really consider them brothers in arms. I think they are part of the same fraternity like how Kobe and Lebron are part of the NBA fraternity, or WWF and WCW back in the day with wrestling, but ultimately they're out for the same demographic.

If anything, its the fans that should be brothers in arms and not fighting. Because if DC felt pressure to bust out shared universe ensemble cast films like Suicide Squad and Justice League due to what Marvel has accomplished over the past decade... that's great for us. If DC strutting out Wonder Woman pressured Marvel to roll with Captain Marvel, that's great for women. If Black Panther blows the roof off the building and puts pressure on DC to respond with J Stewart, that's great for black folks. That's why i feel competition is good, and the studio not having anything to showout doesn't really bother me. I actually hope DC does well and raises the bar

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
just letting this all play out :myman:

its hard to compete with the GODS of DC

:mjlol:

0bFI60P.png

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Pretty much, and I don't really consider them brothers in arms. I think they are part of the same fraternity like how Kobe and Lebron are part of the NBA fraternity, or WWF and WCW back in the day with wrestling, but ultimately they're out for the same demographic.

If anything, its the fans that should be brothers in arms and not fighting. Because if DC felt pressure to bust out shared universe ensemble cast films like Suicide Squad and Justice League due to what Marvel has accomplished over the past decade... that's great for us. If DC strutting out Wonder Woman pressured Marvel to roll with Captain Marvel, that's great for women. If Black Panther blows the roof off the building and puts pressure on DC to respond with J Stewart, that's great for black folks. That's why i feel competition is good, and the studio not having anything to showout doesn't really bother me. I actually hope DC does well and raises the bar
Sombebody gets it :salute: