Marvel MCU Phase 4: Official Thread

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I wanted a Captain Marvel 2. Instead it's looking like it's gonna be Captain and Ms. Marvel.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
They announced the director and I was like "WHO?!". Oh, they doing diversity for diversity sake. She didn't have a deep credit list and I figured it was going to be trash. Now she's got the Best Director Oscar and I'm an a$$hole. shyt, Eternals gonna be fire.
Marvel has never lost in my eyes. Can't doubt them anymore.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They announced the director and I was like "WHO?!". Oh, they doing diversity for diversity sake. She didn't have a deep credit list and I figured it was going to be trash. Now she's got the Best Director Oscar and I'm an a$$hole. shyt, Eternals gonna be fire.
They hired her even before her Best Picture/Best Director movie was finished. :ohhh:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eternals may very well end up being the best MCU film.

Probably not everyone's favorite, but the best overall film in terms of cinematography, editing, etc.

I'm keeping my expectations in check. I feel like people are already overhyping it based on the leaked word of mouth from Marvel themselves(they're not gonna undersell their own film), and who's involved. Just like with Taika and Coogler's entries, I'm expecting a solid film with the director's signature flair, but one that still adheres to the old standard Marvel formula.

No offense, but I hate when people say this because it sounds like a White person is expected be picked by default, anything outside of that is affirmitive action/diversity hire. White directors are hired all the time for big projects with barely anything of note to their name without fuss. Even the Russos were only known for a few mediocre comedies before they were picked up by Marvel/Disney

• Dap
Reactions: pez

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
I'm keeping my expectations in check. I feel like people are already overhyping it based on the leaked word of mouth from Marvel themselves(they're not gonna undersell their own film), and who's involved. Just like with Taika and Coogler's entries, I'm expecting a solid film with the director's signature flair, but one that still adheres to the old standard Marvel formula.

No offense, but I hate when people say this because it sounds like a White person is expected be picked by default, anything outside of that is affirmitive action/diversity hire. White directors are hired all the time for big projects with barely anything of note to their name without fuss. Even the Russos were only known for a few mediocre comedies before they were picked up by Marvel/Disney
Yea, I fukked up on this one. I wanted to see a killer resumé but didn't know her work. Clearly, she's an elite film maker.