Marvel is putting out hip hop variant covers

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
do you argue with yourself at home like this?

you still don't know whether I personally like that cover or not. I simply said if someone else doesn't like it, who cares. What they eat don't make you shyt.

I ain't read all ya BS. But that first line had me dying "you passive aggressive ass bytch" LMFAO

you dudes,.......

:snoop:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
How much are they paying the rappers they're paying "homage" to? I bet if a rapper put out an official album with a Marvel Character, they would have lawyers at their concerts serving them legal papers. :ill:

More culture vultring from cacs. :camby:

Good point......very good point. Still cool, hopefully they can get some mutual agreements going for merchandise........

newworldafro

Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Trying to reel in a black audience to get back into comic books,

Get you impassioned with some black characters

Then throw you a curve and make them gay.

Marvel is owned by Disney now. Tney're track record with brothas is a little poor

:why: ......Please say it ain't so :dahell:........that's sickening :scust:............. no Mickey Mouse treatment mayne...

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
enhanced-19329-1436885982-3-144346.png

enhanced-30381-1436885831-7-144344.png

tumblr_lqrm3fjMN71qh66szo1_500.jpg

:blessed:

All it really shows is how many of those superheroes are white.

They're mimicking black art..................... but few of the mimickers are black. Think about.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
How much are they paying the rappers they're paying "homage" to? I bet if a rapper put out an official album with a Marvel Character, they would have lawyers at their concerts serving them legal papers. :ill:

:camby:More culture vultring from cacs.

Yep (though I also want to know how many of the artists are 'near-white' without being anglo white).

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:why: ......Please say it ain't so :dahell:........that's sickening :scust:............. no Mickey Mouse treatment mayne...
They bought marvel for 4 billion in 2009.

Think of every marvel movie before 2009.................................... :russ:

Its a setup.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Trying to reel in a black audience to get back into comic books,

Get you impassioned with some black characters

Then throw you a curve and make them gay.

Marvel is owned by Disney now. Tney're track record with brothas is a little poor

Unfortunately.

Speaking of properties owned by Disney now................. what was up with Comic Con videos editing out the British stormtrooper brother?

newworldafro

Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
They bought marvel for 4 billion in 2009.

Think of every marvel movie before 2009.................................... :russ:

Pc6NxAF.gif

Ohhhh...... :lupe: .............................Iaintevenknowit................................... :salute: Disney...... yall doing a great job ......... :ehh: .................................

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Pc6NxAF.gif

Ohhhh...... :lupe: .............................Iaintevenknowit................................... :salute: Disney...... yall doing a great job ......... :ehh: .................................
THey already showed what they wanna do with spider man. Made him a black homo.

The reel is out and hopefully bruhs dont take the bait.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Unfortunately.

Speaking of properties owned by Disney now................. what was up with Comic Con videos editing out the British stormtrooper brother?
Corporate noticed their core audience was not happy with a black face at the forefront of their flagship franchise. In an effort to protect the bottom line, they edited him out.

phatphuck

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so whats the point of these covers? are they gona sell any merchandise, are they making entire comics out of these, or is it really just a tribute?

i might be wrong but i think i remember seeing the ob4cl cover a while back, and they also had a a few others like a dr.octagon/dr. doom cover mash up

i've love to have a poster of some of these:blessed: