Marvel is putting out hip hop variant covers

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
While legit points are being raised, I can't act like this outrage isn't somewhat manufactured because I know many of y'all don't even buy comics period.

I've seen this many times on tumblr :francis:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
When did they make him a black homo?
They didnt. I lied.

The artist just wanted to.

‘Maybe sooner or later a black or gay – or both – hero will be considered something absolutely normal.’

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so racial segregation?
so if anything whites invent is wholly for the use of the white race?
it sounds rather stupid if u ask me
i believe you are mixing up the flaws of capitalism (exploitation of the working class) with racism ( belief of inferiority of another race)

think about it a bit more my nig

Maybe you didn't understand my post. I said nothing about "segregation"...my argument is 1,000 percent about resource. revenue...THE MONEY. @Soundwave posted a write up that talked about the inclusion of black writers/creators. So I underscored both sentiments by saying that if cacs want to use black culture...then cacs should simply share the benefits fairly OR...leave black culture the hell alone.

pimpineasy said:
so if anything whites invent is wholly for the use of the white race?
Can you rephrase this because I don't understand what you were trying to say.

pimpineasy said:
i believe you are mixing up the flaws of capitalism (exploitation of the working class) with racism ( belief of inferiority of another race)
The two (Capitalism and Racism) have a symbiotic relationship. This is evidenced through a myriad of laws that provided resources for white people and rejected resources for black people. Are you familiar with President FDR's "New Deal"? Are you familiar with Real Estate "Red Lining"? These two for example have capitalistic implications and both were granted to whites and restricted blacks.

Let me put it in simpler terms...Capitalism is the car and Racism is the gas that fuels the car.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
everything gotta be about fukkin politics.. :mindblown:

shyt i can't even eat vanilla ice cream without someone calling me an uncle tom or some shyt..

I will assume that you are young but yes...everything is about politics. Not just on the coli but in the real world. Politics are simply a method to find common ground without having to go to war.

You may be white, and if so, I understand why you don't see this as a big deal. This is something white people simply never have to deal with.

You may be black and if so, I will assume that you are relatively young and haven't been exposed to enough of the "real world" or maybe you haven't thoroughly researched racial politics in this country. In which case you probably don't see the big deal because you interact with your peers (of all races) and haven't had to deal with obvious inequality. When you get older and you see the disparities, or when you learn about the money that was stolen from blacks and the money that was made by subjugating blacks you will understand it better. These types of things contribute to the reason why many blacks have no generational wealth. Don't let Chris Rock's stand up fool you, it's not simple because "black people like rims and gold chains".

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
More covers

All-New All-Different Avengers #1 / The Roots' Illadelph Halflife

CKtVr-oWEAAGKs-.jpg

All-New HawkEye #1 / Pete Rock & CL Smooth's Mecca & The Soul Brother

CKtVr86WIAAJpVv.jpg

Spider-Man #1 / Nas' Illmatic

CKtVr92WUAE2n4n.jpg