Martin Lawrence - Runteldat Appreciation Thread

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps
yea i remember seeing this at my homeboy crib for the first time had me rollin. i saw him live in miami when he came a couple years ago he still has it. the funniest live show i ever been to. corey holcom was a close second

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was it stand up That originally made him famous?

Yeah, along with being in movies like Do The Right Thing and House Party and then having his own show, Martin. The stand up and being in movies helped him get notice but his own show Martin is what really made him famous.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, I just wondered if he started stand up after he got famous like Ricky gervais, but most stand ups once they get movies, they kinda fall back with it.

Babyshambles

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
I thought Runteldat was weak, just like all the movies he was in around that time (actually now that I look at the movies he made since Runteldat I realise he hasn't been in a good movie since). You So Crazy is funny as hell though.

Deoji

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Zone 6 via PG County
I thought Runteldat was weak, just like all the movies he was in around that time (actually now that I look at the movies he made since Runteldat I realise he hasn't been in a good movie since). You So Crazy is funny as hell though.

i agree. compared to Talkin shyt and You So Crazy, Runtelldat was weak. It was the beginning of the end unfortunately.

:why:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Chris Rock said on Neal Brennan's podcast that Martin was tearing the comedy club seen up, to the point he was a lil shook and he knew he had to change his act up.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Remember when chris rock had a show on hbo. Martin came on once and Chris said..... "Me, you and Eddie should get together and do the real kings of comedy"

Looooooooooord in heaven PLEASE can we get that. Kevin hart is cool. But come on now. Nobody been on these type levels of comedy since

I remember that too. They add Dave Chapelle and that's the ultimate lineup their. But sticking to the subject i fukkd with Runteldat but like others have mentioned, it wasn't messing with the first one.