Mario’s public execution Direct

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not familiar with the move and don't feel like watching fanboy YT to understand - anyone have the specific reason of why?

Here’s what Bowser has to say about it...

Nintendo of America president Doug Bowser said it’s simple: These Mario games were added as part of a celebration. It was intended to be a special, unique moment for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

“And with some of these titles, we felt it was an opportunity to release them for a limited period of time,” Bowser said. “They’ve done very, very well. Super Mario 3D All-Starshas sold over 2.6 million units in the U.S. alone. And so clearly, consumers have been able to jump in and enjoy that.”

What about players who buy a Switch in, say, June 2021, though? When asked about that, Bowser said, “Yeah, at this point, the decision was really made around that celebration feature and aspect. I can’t speak to plans beyond the the end of March.”

Keep in mind that they are doing it for other games as well like the Original Fire Emblem game they released around the same time. It’s also being taken off the store next week.

Fire Emblem's Limited Time Launch Is Part of a Worrying Trend For Nintendo

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Here’s what Bowser has to say about it...

Nintendo of America president Doug Bowser said it’s simple: These Mario games were added as part of a celebration. It was intended to be a special, unique moment for the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

“And with some of these titles, we felt it was an opportunity to release them for a limited period of time,” Bowser said. “They’ve done very, very well. Super Mario 3D All-Starshas sold over 2.6 million units in the U.S. alone. And so clearly, consumers have been able to jump in and enjoy that.”

What about players who buy a Switch in, say, June 2021, though? When asked about that, Bowser said, “Yeah, at this point, the decision was really made around that celebration feature and aspect. I can’t speak to plans beyond the the end of March.”

Keep in mind that they are doing it for other games as well like the Original Fire Emblem game they released around the same time. It’s also being taken off the store next week.

Fire Emblem's Limited Time Launch Is Part of a Worrying Trend For Nintendo
That's reasonable and legit but I guess the obvious question is, with the unexpected surge in popularity - what does it hurt to extend the celebration period or leave select titles up permanently?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's reasonable and legit but I guess the obvious question is, with the unexpected surge in popularity - what does it hurt to extend the celebration period or leave select titles up permanently?

Is a marketing tactic meant to create artificial demand. It’s the same thing disney used to do with their movies by keeping them in the “vaults” thats now pretty much over thanks to disney plus

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not familiar with the move and don't feel like watching fanboy YT to understand - anyone have the specific reason of why?
Nintendo dropped Mario 3D all Stars 6 months ago.
March 31st they takin the game outta stores n takin it off the online eShop.
People aint feelings this move.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Is a marketing tactic meant to create artificial demand. It’s the same thing disney used to do with their movies by keeping them in the “vaults” thats now pretty much over thanks to disney plus
Nintendo McRibb'd Mario:dead:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Whats wild is digital should exist to increase availability not lessen it.

Don't get me wrong I have digital games, and I have them all backed up on external hard drives because I already see the fukkery that is coming with this all digital shyt. Give it 3 years, Nintendo will put a time limit on how long your 'purchase' if a digital game is before you have to pay a fee to renew your 'license' to own the damn game. Everyone fighting for all digital is really short sighted imo.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis:This is Nintendo we talking about. The same company that haven't fixed up their shytty online service since folks were throwing Wiimotes at TVs. I almost fell for the Mario COP NOW! shyt until it dawned on me that I played those games and once you played one Mario game, you played them all :yeshrug:. Hence why I got Mario Maker 2 for my Mario fix despite majority of the levels being created are on some speed running bullshyt:camby:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The only games I really play on my Switch are the JRPG's that it has on there anyway, and I buy them physical. Aint nobody gonna hit me with the okie doke and take my shyt away. Nintendo has some shytty business practices bro, they are a warning sign to what gaming could become. Best believe Microsoft is gonna start pulling the same bullshyt if Gamepass takes off like they want it to.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Don't get me wrong I have digital games, and I have them all backed up on external hard drives because I already see the fukkery that is coming with this all digital shyt. Give it 3 years, Nintendo will put a time limit on how long your 'purchase' if a digital game is before you have to pay a fee to renew your 'license' to own the damn game. Everyone fighting for all digital is really short sighted imo.

I’m not really fighting for it but the writings on the wall.