Mario Van Peebles is always gonna be a real one for giving us these

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I always wanted to see this movie
I will caveat this by saying that I like one of Peebles’ earlier films, Three Day Pass, but Sweetback is a fukking trash ass movie and only receives admiration because of how militant the content was for its time. Most of the movie has no dialogue and consists of the title character running away from the police and while I understand it was a low budget movie, it still doesn’t excuse the poor editing and cinematography that makes this movie nearly not watchable.

I suppose it’s worthwhile for it’s historic value, but this movie was very boring and repetitive.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
9jXvQnjU4NS4sutTzBQCq-cOyqEVqI8lYrpAa8QO7sZO0omewxyo5XnH2FyYEsafWxItwBuThwMmV52Ud5nARB61HrrQurEaHDehmTmXSIm1KJU=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

:mjlol:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I will caveat this by saying that I like one of Peebles’ earlier films, Three Day Pass, but Sweetback is a fukking trash ass movie and only receives admiration because of how militant the content was for its time. Most of the movie has no dialogue and consists of the title character running away from the police and while I understand it was a low budget movie, it still doesn’t excuse the poor editing and cinematography that makes this movie nearly not watchable.

I suppose it’s worthwhile for it’s historic value, but this movie was very boring and repetitive.
I havent watched it in years, but it at least go the ball rollin on them making Shaft.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Minor thing that use to annoy me about Posse was how they alluded to this pic
Screen-Shot-2016-04-26-at-2.58.56-PM.png

Yet one character died
Tone Loc
before Big Daddy Kane's character even joined up with them.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
“Folks have been after me to do another Baadasssss multi-cultural Western for years and the time is now,” says Van Peebles, son of Melvin Van Peebles, writer/director/star of Sweet Sweetback’s Baadasssss Song. “This time we have badass and tough women riding tall in the posse alongside homages to notable real-life personages of the wild west. This is a posse of outlaws because “when the laws were unjust, sometimes the just were the outlaws. We are living in our version of the wild west, and these films represent the heroes who fight for our daily survival as individuals.”

Said Money Pool co-founders Konwiser & Miller: “At a time when African American cinema can expand its perspective, the barn doors are off the hinges for the most compelling filmmakers. Van Peebles is back in the saddle with another classic, and Outlaw Posse is exactly the project for which the Money Pool was created!”

The Money Pool was founded two years ago to produce content and provide equity, bridge, gap, mezzanine and tax credit lending to structured feature films, television, and new media. It has completed four films so far.

Van Peebles is repped by Luber Roklin Entertainment.
Mario Van Peebles Saddling Up For ‘Outlaw Posse’ – Deadline

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I only cared for new jack city.....watched it a million times.....

seen it again a couple years ago for the first time in a decade and it doesn't really hold up like that :huhldup:

I didn't like KONY when I first saw it....now I love it :ehh:

I'd rank it way higher than NJC in 2k24.