Mario RPG Legend of The Seven Stars was lightning in a bottle and no mario rpg game has come close

Daps
Reppin
NULL
SMRPG was a piff game for the GOAT game console. Thousand Year Door gets really good after the third chapter (when you get to Glitzville), but SMRPG is dope from start to finish. I liked having actual new characters to interact with and join the party who weren’t just pallette-swapped enemies. It’s a real shame we never saw Geno or Mallow ever again after that.

I wonder if any coli brehs ever managed to pull off 100 super jumps to get the super suit. I only ever managed to get enough to earn the attack scarf.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I paid 80 dollars for it brand new and it was worth every penny. Squaresoft from like 92 to 97 was maybe one if the greatest 5 year runs of any company. I think Nintendo should revisit that universe but that's basically the video of a Nas and AZ album with Premo doing the production. It would still sound good but the soul wouldn't. E there. I still laugh traversing Booser's tower.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I paid 80 dollars for it brand new and it was worth every penny. Squaresoft from like 92 to 97 was maybe one if the greatest 5 year runs of any company. I think Nintendo should revisit that universe but that's basically the video of a Nas and AZ album with Premo doing the production. It would still sound good but the soul wouldn't. E there. I still laugh traversing Booser's tower.

Full circle was fire though:ahh:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
My really poor friend fukking gave me this game as a birthday present because he couldn't afford anything (it was his game before) I actually never beat it but it was really good. wonder if I have it somewhere

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
My team always consisted of Mario/Peach/Bowser

Used Geno as needed, never cared for Mallow

The GBA/DS ones were on the same level or a notch below, y'all just didn't play them because y'all were too old when they came out

not remotely the same level.

Super Star Saga comes the closest, but still notches below SMRPG.

Partners in Time was decent but pretty annoying overall.

Bower's inside story - too many mini games but on the right track back, since PiT was pretty meh

Dream Team was good

Papaer Jam - fun crossover idea, okay game overall.

None of the M&L games matched the dynamic/music/funness of SMRPG.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Geno was that dude for sure, but Mallow was underrated IMO. His magic spells were pretty decent if you knew where to use them and how to target weaknesses.
Plus, his ability to read minds :gladbron:

If you hit the Y command at the right time, you could read the thoughts of any enemy :banderas:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
The GBA/DS ones were on the same level or a notch below, y'all just didn't play them because y'all were too old when they came out

I did play them them and they were not on the same level. The only other mario rpg that comes close is thousand year door and that game still wasn't better then "Super mario rpg"