Mario RPG Legend of The Seven Stars was lightning in a bottle and no mario rpg game has come close

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
..since

Honestly brehs, tell me how i specifically bought asked for a Nintendo 64 expecting a sequel for this game (it was originally confirmed that a mario rpg 2 was in production) only to get Paper Mario? :unimpressed:

I know there are hardcore paper mario fans, and yeah yeah 1000 year door and super paper mario were good games but they really don’t measure up to SMRPGLTSS.

SMRPG.jpg

This, chrono trigger, Eathbound, FF6, were the Mount Rushmore of 16 bit RPGS. Nothing had graphics like this at the time. This was like The Last of Us graphics wise for the Super Nintendo. A pseudo-3d mario rpg with an actual story, side quest, and fleshed out characters. Characters people still beg nintendo to use almost 30 years later.

DNqiBPHVAAEidhr.jpg
\

It even had a optional super boss, a staple in any good JRPG

maxresdefault.jpg

And dope cameos…

FBdxGmZWQAgk8_X.png

Just thought it was funny with nintendo statement about not wanting to buy companies that don’t have the nintendo sauce coursing through their veins but squaresoft put out the best mario rpg game to this day. Paper Mario just doesn’t compare imo