Mario Golf: Super Rush Review (Nintendo) - 6/10 IGN

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Wasn't there another Mario sports game that also got bad reviews? Why do they rush these games? Mario Kart is a god-tier sales juggernaut. Has it occurred to them that perhaps if they put some effort into these other Mario sports games they can potentially get Mario Kart-level sales?

Effort, Nintendo? I’m playing Monster Hunter Stories 2 and the game is dope but the resolution is garbage and the framerate isn’t even passable. I know this shyt is a Capcom game but they are probably struggling to get this shyt running on this hardware.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Effort, Nintendo? I’m playing Monster Hunter Stories 2 and the game is dope but the resolution is garbage and the framerate isn’t even passable. I know this shyt is a Capcom game but they are probably struggling to get this shyt running on this hardware.

Botw got effort. So does Fire Emblem. So does Splatoon, Mario Kart, Smash, Xenoblade. It's possible for Nintendo to get off their lazy asses and put some heart and soul into a game.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
If this was a sony or xbox exclusive , they would have given it a 1 out of 10.
The core game might be fun but the lack of effort to flesh out the game is concerning. My intentions were to get this but it seems like this is same level of halfassery that was done with Mario Tennis Aces so Nintendo got me once with that, they aren't getting me twice.

Daps
I am. I don't think I've ever seen a Mario anything game get less than a 7. Most are graded on that curve that just Mario being in it is an 8 by itself.

What annoyed me was is 3D world + bowser's fury that's when i said I'm never going to take an IGN review seriously

How do you review something as 9.5 then go back get a different reviewer who is unfamiliar with the franchise to review the same game with significant improvements + new bonus content and give it a 7
they may has well have not reviewed it or given it to Per Schneider or one of the veteran Nintendo reviewers.

I don't care that it was a 7 i care that it was a 9.5 before when it had less content... IGN lacks consistency in their review system

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There sports games have been misses lately not sure what's going on in that area.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why didn't destruction all star get it's own thread with a single mid to lowish rating in the title tho?

:ehh:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Why didn't destruction all star get it's own thread with a single mid to lowish rating in the title tho?

:ehh:

I don't think there is an agenda here. To me, they shyt the bed here. Paint by numbers game from Camelot here. I was looking forward to this and they simply mailed it in. Not a mainline Mario game but it is a Mario game nonetheless, that is the shocking part.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think there is an agenda here. To me, they shyt the bed here. Paint by numbers game from Camelot here. I was looking forward to this and they simply mailed it in. Not a mainline Mario game but it is a Mario game nonetheless, that is the shocking part.
There was just a thread about a 4/10 game that no one was looking to play... simply because it was coming to Xbox, and now there is a thread about a 6/10 game that only got made because it's Nintendo.

Definitely an agenda.

But Mario sports games and party games have been 7ish at best for years now

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
75 Metacritic score.
Is that low for a Mario Golf game or Mario spin-off?
For a nintendo 1st party game yeah, although most sports and mario party games have had been 7-8 for years. And aren't bad games at all, its just not the norm 9 or 10 for nintendo games.