Manifesto Rant: If You Defend Elden Ring’s DLC & Bosses You’re Probably on the Spectrum

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
As someone who started playing fromsoft games with Bloodborne :banderas:& then going back to play the Dark Souls Remaster, Elden Ring is not the fukkin masterpiece it’s made out to be. As I said before this game is a strong 7/10 and the DLC is probably a weak 6/10.

First off the world of SOTE is fukkin dead, yes there are the standard npc questlines but outside of that there’s fukkin nothing to do. The best example is literally the bottom of the map Charlo’s Hidden Grave, Cerulean Coast, & both Finger Ruins literally have nothing in them aside to progress questlines. Yes they are beautiful areas :whoo:but I have no reason to come back and this goes for the main game as well. Once you find those minor dungeons it’s over. After beating the game I start exploring the world clearing dungeons only to jump on Fextralife to realize I beat them all. :dahell:Your only option of entertainment is NG+ and get your shyt pushed in even harder. FromSoft copied breath of the wild but ignored filling their world with shyt to do.

If you disagree then play the game without Torrent, oh that’s right you can do that in the Abyssal Woods the perfect example of boredom. One of the best legacy dungeons is probably in one of the worst biomes, and what’s worse was that Midra’s Manse was so short. Traversal of the world sucks, so much empty space and dead ends. The map for Ruah personified this, it’s literal exploration blue balls. You beat that Death Blight Dancing Lion to make it to that lone island only to discover the map isn’t there. :mjcry:

Then there’s the vertically of the maps. I said before Elden Ring needed more verticality and I got it with an Miyazaki level of Git Gud. Everything feels like a damn leap of faith, Elden Ring’s mechanics don’t support it and torrent was just a compromise . No climbing, rappelling, or ways to descend again seriously decrease ways you can interact with the world. This time Fromsoft copied Tears of the Kingdom with the overworld but they ignored traversal. Give me more creative ways to use spirit ashes because the majority of em are bullshyt. Let me ride that shyt eagle ash to descend.

Sticking with verticality god damn the bosses further reiterates the problem. FUKK FURNACE GOLEMS, :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:you literally only attack 2% of this thing’s fukkin body and you can only see half of it so you miss out on seeing if it’s going to stomp or go for the grab. You’re not rewarded for skill, youre rewarded for the RNG in your favor. You end up fighting the camera 90% of the time. Why can’t I scale Bayle for melee attacks or use a magic build to place some kind of charm on him to caste spells to chase him or let me aim my spells. It’s bullshyt they throw in these giant bosses with aggro. Dodging for 10 secs to get one hit and repeating is not fun or skill, it’s pure autism. :skip:

The bosses in SOTE are some of the most overtuned bullshyt I’ve seen in a game, the rampant holds frames only to instant transmission into the next attack makes no sense. I cant parry, the hitboxes are bullshyt, and defense mechanics are useless unless you find the most OP gear. Then other players have the gall to say skill issue. Nikka you popped Flame Grant Me Strength, Golden Vow, Seppukku, 4 buffing talismans, Jellyfish shield, and chugged wonderous physick telling me to Git Gud.:stopitslime: This game literally forces you to play it only one way. Then there’s the wake-up animation you better fukkin pray that boss isn’t doing a follow up attack while you’re getting up from a hard knockdown or stunlocked cause it’s fukkin over and you gotta walk through that piss cloud of shame all over again. :snoop:Can I beat the boss solo yes, is it fun NO. It’s only bragging rights. Going back to bloodborne anytime I fought a boss it felt like it was my mistake not some arbitrary power scaling bs in the bosses favor. Bosses like the Witch, Shadows of Yarnahm, and Micolash all had some level of problem solving that Elden Ring is severely lacking in. It’s just one grandiose attack to the another, that you better pray you can avoid.

OH shyt: I forgot about the fukkin engine. This engine needs to fukkin go. The slowdown is god awful to the point messmer was damn near unplayable. I switched modes on my ps5 and it made no difference.

The dude below sums up the boss battles perfectly.

I’ll end it with this the most fun I have when playing Elden Ring or any FromSoft game is when I’m in multiplayer. The dungeons are fun and love exploring the lore, but whatever design theory they had for this game ruined all that for me.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
The open world is definitely extremely static and traversal / platforming is terrible (always has been in every Souls game).

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
good-job-son-lc-duncan.gif

Lets get the fukkery on the roll

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Whatchoo got against autism, breh?
Greatest minds in the world are autistic.

Nothing breh but autistic people put a lot of time and energy into one thing and some can not acknowledge their faults. That’s all I’m saying. Salute to Dan Akroyd.

The open world is definitely extremely static and traversal / platforming is terrible (always has been in every Souls game).

And it’s worse because this game is open world.

Stopped reading at 7/10

🧩

You can honestly defend that boss rush at the end? Having to fight radagon to get to the Elden beast, OG Radahn pre patch, consecrated snow field, mountain tops of the giant, and the haligtree. If it didn’t have Fromsoftware’s name on it the game wouldn’t be ranked as high.

Plus when did 7 become bad. :francis:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Basically that and George R. R. Martin dikkriding. Especially when you consider the majority of people who quit before beating margitt.
I tried to play this shyt...I ran into a forest and got attacked by some trees. Chasing me on little tree legs.

I ran off, got to some castle, some dude named Margaret is like "let's shoot the fair one breh". I'm like a dude named Margaret, so the second character I met in the game is a tranny. Scust. :scust:

I aint even found pants or a shirt yet. I'm just running around in my draws and a rusty sword and this tranny jumps out of nowhere like "let's fight breh.":scust:

What in the Jojo Bizarre Adventure is this. Aint no way people really played this game and liked it. :scust:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
As someone who played og demon souls back on ps3 and everything up til now, you tweakin, the dlc storyline was ehh but exploration and fights were all piff, Consort Radahn and Malenia are the only 2 really difficult bosses. It's the best fromsoft game, I played ds3 after beating the dlc and it was literally a breeze after mastering elden ring. DS3 did have the best online community tho

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
As someone who played og demon souls back on ps3 and everything up til now, you tweakin, the dlc storyline was ehh but exploration and fights were all piff, Consort Radahn and Malenia are the only 2 really difficult bosses. It's the best fromsoft game, I played ds3 after beating the dlc and it was literally a breeze after mastering elden ring. DS3 did have the best online community tho

🧩

Bayle, Putrescent Knight, Rellana, were all fair :comeon:. The only reason DS3 was breeze was because you wasn’t dealing with the bullshyt. You literally did a reverse No Nut November for FromSoft games.

Exploration was ass too how many Smithing Stone 7s do you need. :mindblown:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
🧩

Bayle, Putrescent Knight, Rellana, were all fair :comeon:. The only reason DS3 was breeze was because you wasn’t dealing with the bullshyt. You literally did a reverse No Nut November for FromSoft games.

Exploration was ass too how many Smithing Stone 7s do you need. :mindblown:

I beat Rellana the 3rd try no summons or ashes :dahell:

I'll give you Bayle, the camera made him a huge fakkit. Putrecent knight was not bad at all breh.

The world was huge to explore, idk about the smithing stones, it was cool finding new shyt and how to get above or below. It wasn't small so I appreciated that, though a couple areas were hollow. But I don't get what you saying about what to do after you won, breh. You won you not suppose to have shyt else to do :heh: