Manga Adaptation of Death Note, Will Now Be a Netflix Production.

CEITEDMOFO

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

swrqfdzgy2lwodcer2r5.jpg

Director Adam Wingard has been one to watch for years, with works like cult horror You’re Next and thriller The Guest, which boldly cast Downton Abbey heartthrob Dan Stevens way against type as a psychopath. His next film may reach an even bigger audience, now that it’s likely headed to Netflix instead of theaters.

death Note, a manga adaptation (already an anime series, a video game, and a live-action film series in Japan), was originally going to be made at Warner Bros. Instead, it’ll be shepherded by Netflix, which stepped in when the original studio pulled out shortly before production began.

The Wrap, which broke the news of the Netflix move, notes that Paper Towns’ Nat Wolff and The Leftovers’ Margaret Qualley will star. Plus:

Netflix also intends to cast its “War Machine” star Keith Stanfield, though he does not have an official offer, as the streaming service hasn’t closed its deal to acquire the project yet.

Wolff will play a student who discovers a supernatural notebook that allows him to k!ll anyone simply by writing their name. A cat-and-mouse game ensues when he’s tracked by a reclusive police officer.
The Wrap suggests that Warner Bros’ departure from death Note is tied to the studio’s recent announcement that it will be making fewer films, for reasons we can’t possibly fathom.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-guest-directors-manga-adaptation-death-note-will-1769525077

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I fukks with Netflix but I'm kinda skeptical about this :patrice:

Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
:patrice: I don't know about this, I fukks with Netflix they usually produce good shyt and of course death note is up there.

The being said cacs love to take a good thing and sprinkle unseasoned nonsense on it a la Dragonball & Avatar :snoop:

but gotta wait and see how this develops :jbhmm:
But avatar was made by cacs breh.

Honestly the manga and anime fell off really early so hopefilly they can improve it, death note became a convoluted mess and it killed it for me.

Daps
How they gonna do it in a 2 ish hour movie tho?

Even if they end with L, theres a lotta shyt theyd need to go through. Not to mention one of the best parts of death note is them slowly and deliberately explaining their 5000 step plan or a 10 min explenation of how they deduced the other guys plan

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
How they gonna do it in a 2 ish hour movie tho?

Even if they end with L, theres a lotta shyt theyd need to go through. Not to mention one of the best parts of death note is them slowly and deliberately explaining their 5000 step plan or a 10 min explenation of how they deduced the other guys plan

They can end it when Light gets the better of L :blessed:

Light Wins, the end :ahh: