Man killed by lumber that flew off a truck on freeway

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I’ve worked on the brokerage / coordination side of the trucking / transportation industry and yeah…all I’ll say is that I don’t ride behind trucks if possible. Flatbed, tanker, but also 53’, 40’ ft trailers. people loading at origin (overseas) don’t do enough to secure heavy freight in containers

Pretty much. I avoid driving behind, in front of, beside, or in the general vicinity of big trucks whenever possible.

When I see one on the freeway I get in the other lane asap and pass as soon as I can. I drive a Civic and I'm not trying to test my luck. :hubie:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Never trust these flatbed trucks, 18 wheelers at all.. stay far away from them, u see them on the freeway get around them fast…

Lazy ass and distracted truckers

This.

Driving up and down 285 every day. Do not fukk around. I had a big ass rod of scrap metal fukk up my front fender a couple of months ago from some shyt that flew off off a truck.

Get away and pass/go around quick from dem mufukkaz

Yzak

All Star
Daps

All because some dumb fukk didn't secure the load properly.

I NEVER drive behind trucks that are hauling loads like that. Final Destination taught us a lot

I feel the same when I see trucks and vans with ladders and poles up top

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
He was too young. He don’t know about that.
That’s what I was thinking. Older cousins or siblings should’ve. Not even being funny bc those kinds of scenes in movies are ingrained in your memory even if you haven’t watched it in awhile you’ll take precautions after watching that series

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I never follow those vehicles
18wheelers, I'll change lanes and either accelerate or slow down to get out of the proximity
Same with fuel trucks

I've driven trucks that hauled Gasoline, Propane, Ethanol, Nitrogen, etc before. It's not so bad actually

The ones that are the most dangerous is driving near a Truck hauling Food Grade Oil

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps

I NEVER drive behind trucks that are hauling loads like that. Final Destination taught us a lot

Since Final Destination it’s rare that I see anyone driving anywhere near one of those log trucks on the highway

We all should know better

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Rip
F5S2BcSWkAAXRD3.jpg

thats-dangerous

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps

A lot of movies! I think there are 2 movies where a kid’s parent’s head gets sliced off because of something falling off a truck in traffic. Shyt messed with my head. This is a legit fear.

RIP.