🎨Maman Brigitte: Maman's Day🎨 Ask an ARTIST AMA TheColi's 1st breh to be in a permenant art collection at a Museum

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I'm not scribbing my name all over my masterpieces. It's tacky and childish.

My art is important not my name. If that's the case, I will gladly sign a blank canvas and collect the check
I guess I’m in the minority. I like the signature in the bottom corner on a piece

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I guess I’m in the minority. I like the signature in the bottom corner on a piece
You geaux on and grafitti your art....you gon learn today.

I signed some work with a light color that blends in somewhat on the front. It's extremely rare tho.

You can see the signature on these works.

csv remove duplicates online

I don't do it often...so my fan base gotta savor it when I do :usure: it looks tacky.

I remember I sold a work to a breh and he asked me to sign the front :russ: I was like why?

He was like, "I like all my art to showcase the signature:gucci:"

I signed that shyt and shook my head. I told him did you want the work cause of me or my signature? He said both as he thought viewing the signature was apart of the art. I told dude he will be the 1st and last that I do this for.

I don't think I signed Alvin Kamara pieces on the front.

:patrice:

Edit: I didn't 👀

It's on the back tho

Speaking of AK41 here is that piece is in home. He is seated in the foreground with his girlfriend Te'a Cooper. The art is in the background and there is a line to view my art piece. Plus other art he acquired.

Last edited:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
You geaux on and grafitti your art....you gon learn today.

I signed some work with a light color that blends in somewhat on the front. It's extremely rare tho.

You can see the signature on these works.

csv remove duplicates online

I don't do it often...so my fan base gotta savor it when I do :usure: it looks tacky.

I remember I sold a work to a breh and he asked me to sign the front :russ: I was like why?

He was like, "I like all my art to showcase the signature:gucci:"

I signed that shyt and shook my head. I told him did you want the work cause of me or my signature? He said both as he thought viewing the signature was apart of the art. I told dude he will be the 1st and last that I do this for.

I don't think I signed Alvin Kamara pieces on the front.

:patrice:

Edit: I didn't 👀

It's on the back tho

Speaking of AK41 here is that piece is in home. He is seated in the foreground with his girlfriend Te'a Cooper. The art is in the background and there is a line to view my art piece. Plus other art he acquired.

Young Dolph one is hard.
What you think of this?

“I have a very small cartouche that I use on all my work, 2d and 3d. It's my initials drawn into a design that I've been using since 1979. Goes on the bottom of my sculptures, goes in the bottom right hand side of my paintings. I try to make it very subtle and blend in with the work. Nothing worse, IMO, than a huge nasty signature. I've noticed that the larger the sig, the worse the work.

People saying "on the back is standard" are daft. That may be in the present, but for decades and decades, the front is where most works are signed. Still is the way for myself and most pros that I know. In fact, I had a work in a show that sold and didn't have a sig and the owner had me take it back and add it so that they could feel more secure about the authenticity.

I only have a few examples of very spartan pieces where a sig would have upset the design and I signed the side or the back on those.”

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Young Dolph one is hard.
What you think of this?

“I have a very small cartouche that I use on all my work, 2d and 3d. It's my initials drawn into a design that I've been using since 1979. Goes on the bottom of my sculptures, goes in the bottom right hand side of my paintings. I try to make it very subtle and blend in with the work. Nothing worse, IMO, than a huge nasty signature. I've noticed that the larger the sig, the worse the work.

People saying "on the back is standard" are daft. That may be in the present, but for decades and decades, the front is where most works are signed. Still is the way for myself and most pros that I know. In fact, I had a work in a show that sold and didn't have a sig and the owner had me take it back and add it so that they could feel more secure about the authenticity.

I only have a few examples of very spartan pieces where a sig would have upset the design and I signed the side or the back on those.”

He understands what I'm saying totally.

At the end of the day, if a signature missing on the front makes or break a choice in acquistion...the. you don't really love the piece. ..most of Basquiat's art is signed on the back. He hardly signed his on the front.

Daps
Was there a lot of people standing around looking onward with you??????

And appreciate it breh. I create art for black folk and by embracing our true blackness. I'm glad you loved her.
There was a real nice crowd, second floor. I said oh shyt, I know dude! Wifey thought I was fronting, had to pull up the Coli in the middle of the museum. :mjlol: :ufdup:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
There was a real nice crowd, second floor. I said oh shyt, I know dude! Wifey thought I was fronting, had to pull up the Coli in the middle of the museum. :mjlol: :ufdup:
Oh shyt. What ya wife say about it. I had women cry, get on their knees and praise her and even seen offerings given.

Not bad art for a Basquiat RIP off as the thecoli calls me:russ:

I got a dope story about the piece too.

Daps
She really liked it, wants something like it at the crib. I told her this is on the same floor as two Picasso’s, a Warhol, and a Degas, we can’t afford it. :mjlol: :mjcry:

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
She really liked it, wants something like it at the crib. I told her this is on the same floor as two Picasso’s, a Warhol, and a Degas, we can’t afford it. :mjlol: :mjcry:
If I could id hook ya up with the Erzulie Dantor piece.

And I forgot my work is on the same floor with Picasso Degas and Warhol.

I did it...a fat black crippled man from Shreveport did it.

And to think you got negroes on the coli who ain't appreciative :mjcry:

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps