Mali drops French as its official language

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Niger's government has just been removed from power in a military coup. With that, France's remaining ally in the Sahel is gone too.

French influence is totally finished in Africa.

Is it now official? I’m reading mixed messages about the military & national guards not joining the coup.

Interestingly, the western NGOs Mali kicked out just set up shop in Niger.

Everything is confusing right now & it seems Islamists are also expanding all over the Sahel.

What the hell is going on? Can you shed more light on it?

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
How do you know, if you don't live there?
because I have malian kins for one
two, bambara is the most spoken language, then it's a tie between fula and french after

same thing as senegal, most senegalese speak wolof instead of french. only 20 percent of people in the capital it self speak french as their first language

now, in Ivory Coast and Benin they speak it first, loud and proud. but I don't see that any different than Ghanaians speaking english or nigerian pidgin

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
because I have malian kins for one
two, bambara is the most spoken language, then it's a tie between fula and french after

same thing as senegal, most senegalese speak wolof instead of french. only 20 percent of people in the capital it self speak french as their first language

now, in Ivory Coast and Benin they speak it first, loud and proud. but I don't see that any different than Ghanaians speaking english or nigerian pidgin
Ghana and Nigeria only speak English as a trade language/Lingua franca that everyone can understand. We Still always speak our native languages first whenever we get the chance.