Malcolm-Jamal Warner Is 'Still Proud of the Legacy' of 'The Cosby Show'

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
As he should be, that show was groundbreaking and is still one of the best examples of true black excellence before it became a trendy slogan. Trying to bush it based on Cosby's actions is ridiculous.
Absolutely, that same energy needs to be directed at other entertainers as well by Social Media. Don't pick and choose the low hanging fruit. Let him be

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Elvin was like the 9th most important character on the show, so no reason think his salary was like that.
Plus the thing with syndication money is the longer the show airs the smaller residuals get. Malcolm said in Breakfast Club the last check he got for the show was for like 60 bucks, so that nikka Elvin probably gets like $1.12 :mjlol:

I wonder what kind of deal you had to sign back in the day to get residuals now. The Living Single cast still gets paid as far as I know.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
I had some... involvement. None of them hoes were telling the truth. It was all lies.
I remember after the verdict that old white woman hopped up on the chair and yelled GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! It was the way she said it that had me thinking this is just a witch hunt.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Man every now and then somebody will post a clip on social media and the show was just so damn SMART man. The humor was SMART. The storylines were SMART. The characters were all SMART!

It really is one of the greatest television shows of all time

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Them residuals :ahh:

But then again if Elvin working at a grocery store :patrice:

What residuals?

MJW has been open about how they’ve dried up because of the Cosby situation.

Now on the flip side of that, I wonder how Lisa Bonet has carved out the career she's had for herself?

Yeah, she was a main character on the show, but other than The Cosby Show and the first season of A Different World, she really didn't much after

she was on the Cosby Show from 84' to like 92', A Different World for her was like in 87'-88', only that first season.

she appeared in a few random movies over the course of the 90's, but nothing big.

in fact, by the time the mid 90's rolled around, she was sorta just in the background.

then 2000's she was in the movie Biker Boyz and other than that, i don't even remember what else she's been in since.

oh that show Donovan, i think?

being that she's a Hippie, im sure she's super modest with her money and all, but i just wonder how an actress like that stays afloat financially

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Now on the flip side of that, I wonder how Lisa Bonet has carved out the career she's had for herself?

Yeah, she was a main character on the show, but other than The Cosby Show and the first season of A Different World, she really didn't much after

she was on the Cosby Show from 84' to like 92', A Different World for her was like in 87'-88', only that first season.

she appeared in a few random movies over the course of the 90's, but nothing big.

in fact, by the time the mid 90's rolled around, she was sorta just in the background.

then 2000's she was in the movie Biker Boyz and other than that, i don't even remember what else she's been in since.

oh that show Donovan, i think?

being that she's a Hippie, im sure she's super modet with her money and all, but i just wonder how an actress like that stays afloat financially
Her nikkas