Major Metro Black Population +/-, 2020 Census

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
NY is more than 16 percent Black :comeon: are you just making numbers up and why are you combining Northern NJ with NYC :unimpressed: that right there skews the percentages plus Northern NJ has nothing to do with New York City.

NYC on its own is around ,23-24% Black
Proof that NY is more than 16% black? And technically ALL of NJ, Connecticut, and a slither of PA is considered metro NY.

Supper

All Star
Daps
Not know the difference between majority and predominantly when it pertains to population breh. :heh::dead::laff:

What school district pass this retard? :mjlol:

Itz a lot easier just to hold ur L, lil wun. I promise lol

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
BLACK VOLUME GROWTH/DECLINE SINCE '10

Atlanta +340,299
Dallas-Fort Worth +259,063
Houston +212,159
Washington-Baltimore +187,185
Charlotte +160,822
Minneapolis-St Paul +94,238
Las Vegas +82,305
Phoenix +74,703
AustinTonio +72,230
Orlando +66,035

Fresno -816
San Diego -2400
Milwaukee -5018
Cleveland -6322
St Louis -9684
Richmond -10,713
Detroit -19,375
Greater Los Angeles -40,615
Chicago -69,041
New York/Northern NJ -124,827

A whole lotta Black Flight from the traditional stops for the Great Migration.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@suppa @*DalMem*

what y’all debating.

Majority
Plurality
Predominantly

All have different meanings

Majority does represent over 50% all tonight a lot of Americans like to incorrectly use this word.

In population studies, Majority means who is the largest demographic.

In population studies, Predominantly means over 50%.

This is basic sociology breh.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
In population studies, Majority means who is the largest demographic.

In population studies, Predominantly means over 50%.

This is basic sociology breh.

I tend to get my census vocabulary from city data and I recall when they posted links about both Harlem and DC losing their black majority they said meaning both are less than 50% black.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tend to get my census vocabulary from city data and I recall when they posted links about both Harlem and DC losing their black majority they said meaning both are less than 50% black.

I took 2 sociology course for easy A's to boost my GPA.

This is how scholars referred to the largest demographic in a population and over 50% of a population.

A lot of journalist get these terms confused when they write articles as compared to actual scholars that actually work in the field of research.

Supper

All Star
Daps
@suppa @*DalMem*

what y’all debating.

Majority
Plurality
Predominantly

All have different meanings

Majority does represent over 50% all though a lot of Americans like to incorrectly use this word.

Yep. He not gone ever let up tho. He determined to die on this hill.:mjlol: One of "them" types. U gotta let em walk off the cliff and just eat popcorn and watch :whoo:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. He not gone ever let up tho. He determined to die on this hill.:mjlol: One of "them" types. U gotta let em walk off the cliff and just eat popcorn and watch :whoo:

You still don't know the difference.

So, you saying Memphis metro area doesn't have a majority population?

Do you know where the term "Majority Rules" comes from dummy. :mjlol:

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Any brehs near/from Richmond or Norfolk what's it like up there? They were at the top of percentage on both the city and metro areas lists and weed legal in VA now too :ehh:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Schools, Lack off public facilities, shytttty public transportation situation. Just consistently waste tax payers money.
Yeah, I really wasn’t on some divide stuff, but I didn’t know if they factored in Howard, Anne Arundel etc. I know MoCo is changing like Charles, just wanted to see an isolation of PG.

And that waste of tax money is a great point. I swear Central Avenue and 495 exit ramp has been under construction for 3 years

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I really wasn’t on some divide stuff, but I didn’t know if they factored in Howard, Anne Arundel etc. I know MoCo is changing like Charles, just wanted to see an isolation of PG.

And that waste of tax money is a great point. I swear Central Avenue and 495 exit ramp has been under construction for 3 years

There's major roads in that county without proper lighting. Shiit makes no sense.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Any brehs near/from Richmond or Norfolk what's it like up there? They were at the top of percentage on both the city and metro areas lists and weed legal in VA now too :ehh:

Richmond is the "major" city in Virginia, and has all the social and cultural identifiers to underscore that. It's also the most urban, "city" experience you'll find, it has a hustle and bustle to it for a smaller city, and is really just a smaller DC in many ways, though I've known and heard of people comparing Rich to all kinds of cities---->it has traits in common with a number of places...

If you want your "city" fix with requisite nightlife, dining, events, arts and all that shyt, Richmond is where you go in VA. The city is still 40% Black, with large black communities on all sides, and a TON of historical relevance. But Rich is quite segregated residentially, though the contrast is if you don't live in the city and only do nightlife, you'd have a different impression (that it's a more multicultural, diverse place)...

Norfolk isn't as segregated though it is to a degree; it is slightly more diverse. Norfolk also isn't as urban, has a distinct suburban aura, but that laid-backness fits many people. It has an interesting downtown area, and is also 40% Black in the city, but has much less black wealth than Rich and Nfk, with less segregation and more diversity, has more of a discrimination and racism problem than Rich...

Nfk can be fun but isn't as sophisticated or well rounded a city. We don't have the impact and imprint on social and cultural politics in Nfk as we do in Rich, though keep that statement in context---->the city is 40% black, so we are nowhere near invisible there...

Rich just has has a stronger, richer, more unified, abd more powerful black community that is felt in all aspects of the city...

Nfk isn't really a standalone city, it and The Beach are basically the same place (think Minny/St Paul). It's a twin city dynamic with significant overlap; locals of course can describe the contrasts between the two cities but in the larger view Nfk and VB are the same city. Because of this I think also is why Nfk has a weaker identity than Rich...

I love em both because I love Virginia, and both are very Virginian. Both have violence and impoverishment and shytty school issues, both both are dope in their own right---->Richmond particularly is a special, special city...