Magic Johnson Steps Down as President of Basketball Operations of the Lakers

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think I may be the only one who was laughing my ass off at this announcement...Ill be honest with the understanding that Pelinka is damn near hated by other GMs and they dont want to deal with him was Magic the good cop to Pelinkas bad cop

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Magic is dealing with "I'm too rich for this shyt" syndrome. I really don't blame him,media coming up with new fake stories from "sources" every other day,saying how horrible Magic is. Jennie Buss pushing back on what sounds like him wanting to get rid of Luke Walton. I don't think Luke got a fair shot,but on the other hand I don't know if he knows how to deal with bad students. I don't know how seriously these young guys take the game or not,but we know Luke is able to coach good students,but does he have the personality to correct bad students with bad/disruptive behaviors?

Exactly.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I said for a long time the Lakers got by on great fortune. They were great basically from the 80s to the early 10s. That's not normal or should be expected.

Even those mid 90s squads with Van Exel, Ceballos and Eddie Jones were super fun & exciting to watch.

Fortune? So it was plain luck and Jerry West just stumbled onto Shaq and trading Divac for Kobe, when everyone in the league said he was an idiot? Dr. Buss was a very smart owner. Sustained success over a long period of time isn't luck breh.

Trust fund babies in general don't usually do as well as their parents did in the same business...just look at Dolan and Jeanie.

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This nikka wild

200.gif

Dude made this face in the middle of his comment :mjlol:

Did Magic really think this job would be easy? It seems like he honestly thought it would be, why else would he take a job like this when he could've been an NBA studio guy and tweet to his heart's content.