Mae Young about to main event with Undertaker

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
However you all pay your respects if she does unfortunately pass.... do NOT FOR THE LOVE OF ANYTHING HOLY post that Royal Rumble 2000 footage.....
Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a time and a place for everything.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps

:pachaha: still remember vividly the reaction of the people where I was watching this...a collective :scusthov: after they actually showed em

and still can't believe the bumps she was taking in her mid to late 70s

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps

:pachaha: still remember vividly the reaction of the people where I was watching this...a collective :scusthov: after they actually showed em

and still can't believe the bumps she was taking in her mid to late 70s

kevin-hart-tare.gif

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
Found an article: http://www.postandcourier.com/apps/...99/1177/brock-lesnar-returns-mae-young-ailing

Some sad news to report. Legendary WWE Hall of Famer Mae Young is in failing health and is now under hospice care.

A fixture on the wrestling scene since the 1940s, the 90-year-old icon recently was discharged from the hospital and is now receiving hospice visits at the Columbia residence she shares with former midget women's wrestling star Diamond Lil (Katie Glass).

A kidney is in the process of shutting down, and Young is breathing with the assistance of an oxygen machine, says a friend.

"She's had a good, long life," said former women's champ Susan Green. "But things start wearing out by the time you get to be 90. She's lived an amazing life. If all of us could be so lucky."

Mae Young indeed has had a remarkable life. While she only admits to being 90, some colleagues say the actual number may be closer to 94. She comes by her nickname, the "Amazing" Mae Young, quite honestly. She holds the distinction of having wrestled in nine different decades.

At one point she was scheduled to appear at this week's "Old School" Raw in Baltimore.

In 2000 Young took part in an over-the-top storyline where she (then in her late 70s) dated WWE star Mark Henry, announced that she was "pregnant" and later gave birth to a rubber hand.

That same year she was power-bombed twice by The Dudley Boyz on back-to-back editions of Raw, and was even splashed by the 500-pound Viscera.

Young, along with longtime companion and perennial women's world champion The Fabulous Moolah (Lillian Ellison), was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007. Moolah passed away later that year.

Young was a pioneer in women's wrestling, and won a number of NWA women's titles and tag-team championships.

Like Moolah, Young also was a highly respected trainer who scores of lady wrestlers break into the business.

Green, now a trainer in Columbia, recalled one of her first matches in the business against Young.

San Antonio-based promoter Joe Blanchard tried his best to discourage the then 15-year-old Green, but she was determined to make an early entree into the profession.

Green was still in high school when Blanchard sent her to Memphis. "I got in my car and drove to Memphis during Christmas break. Joe just knew I was going to come back and quit," she recalls.

One of her first opponents was Young who, by that time, had logged more than 30 years in the business.

"I was a whopping 112 pounds. Thank God Joe taught me how to take a bump," says Green.

Green, though, was undeterred.

"When can we do it again?" she asked the promoter.

"You've got to be crazy," Blanchard told her.

Green went on to have a Hall of Fame career, but it was early tests with the likes of Young that toughened her up for the grueling sport.

"She scared me to death," says Green. "I though, 'Lord she's going to kill me. If she don't kill me, I still want to wrestle.'"

Green says Young, despite her appearances in WWE's sports entertainment world, was always staunch advocate of the old school.

"She liked the old way of wrestling. She hated when she heard someone stomp their foot."

Independent wrestler Johnny Cook of Lexington, who works under the ring name Johnny Flex, trained under Young more than 20 years ago.

"She gave me that name and I kind of hung on to it," says Cook.

Cook visited his mentor on New Year's Day after learning of her failing health.

"She was very weak, but she could still carry on a conversation. But I didn't make her talk too much. I just wanted to let her know what she meant to me and so many other people over the years.

"I told her to hang in there and that I hoped she got well. She knew exactly what I was telling her. If anybody could overcome this, Mae could. She's a very strong-willed woman."