Madden NFL 24 Looked at as a "Make or Break" Game

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
EA bought the exclusive license to NFL Teams AND The Players Union.

I guess the players could technically cut a side deal to license to other developers as well, but without the teams. If I'm the NFLPA President, that's more money for us. Why not? Get EA's money and others money.
That’s how those old QB Club games worked, more or less, right? But the QBs had their own separate union?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That’s how those old QB Club games worked, more or less, right? But the QBs had their own separate union?
Yeah. But the NFLPA and NFL also sold their rights for multiple games.

This whole exclusive shyt is dumb. Why not charge the same price or a little lower for MULTIPLE devs to make your games as long as there is a quality threshold.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah. But the NFLPA and NFL also sold their rights for multiple games.

This whole exclusive shyt is dumb. Why not charge the same price or a little lower for MULTIPLE devs to make your games as long as there is a quality threshold.
I genuinely don’t think the NFL has a single person in position who gives af about gaming, as long as the money keeps coming in. More games means more need for oversight. Reason I’ve fallen off 2k and Madden HARD the past 6-7 yrs. You can tell they aren’t even tryna sell fun anymore, just be as inoffensive as possible to sell ads and MTX

Side note I was damn near sad at how little excitement I got from the 2k trailer today :to: Idk if these companies will ever get me back hype, but I want em to

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I genuinely don’t think the NFL has a single person in position who gives af about gaming, as long as the money keeps coming in. More games means more need for oversight. Reason I’ve fallen off 2k and Madden HARD the past 6-7 yrs. You can tell they aren’t even tryna sell fun anymore, just be as inoffensive as possible to sell ads and MTX

Side note I was damn near sad at how little excitement I got from the 2k trailer today :to: Idk if these companies will ever get me back hype, but I want em to
Maybe its because you’ve outgrown games

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe its because you’ve outgrown games
I do think it plays a part, but even so I think sports games are worse in that aspect of my life. I do play a lot fewer games than I used to, but I still get hype for the other types of games I always have, when I see the quality. And I even play some shyt that I never would have back in the day. I don’t even be looking for these release dates anymore, when I was a midnight release/preorder on schedule nikka.

If anything I feel like broadening my horizon has made me view sports games in an even harsher light

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
I do think it plays a part, but even so I think sports games are worse in that aspect of my life. I do play a lot fewer games than I used to, but I still get hype for the other types of games I always have, when I see the quality. And I even play some shyt that I never would have back in the day. I don’t even be looking for these release dates anymore, when I was a midnight release/preorder on schedule nikka.

If anything I feel like broadening my horizon has made me view sports games in an even harsher light
Dawg we not 18 anymore playing Madden and 2k all fukkin day :what:

nikkas have jobs and families

I’m not as good anymore like when I was younger

We have responsibilities other then games

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dawg we not 18 anymore playing Madden and 2k all fukkin day :what:

nikkas have jobs and families

I’m not as good anymore like when I was younger

We have responsibilities other then games
I feel you, but we can still be passionate about shyt from childhood while it takes a backseat to higher priorities, if you still enjoy it.