Mad TV>>SNL

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
mad tv has always been funnier than SNL snl just appeals 2 the older cacs, plus with more celebrities who became famous ud assume it was better, but mad tv is geniuinely funny while SNL is forced sketch that rarely goes over, thats why once they FINALLY get a good skit like dikk in a box it blows up. Mad TV had so many variety of funny characters/skits in its prime.

That is true though

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
gtfoh

who from madtv has done anything worthwhile after? NOBODY. if they were funny theyd have careers.

madtv was garbage,theyd run the characters into ground.

will ferrels best of snl dvd has more quality skits then madtv had in their entire run.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I hate SNL but I decided to click on this one after someone posted it

It was funny cause I’ve never seen anybody break character like this. Ol girl couldn’t make it :russ: Like they should’ve showed her these guys before the skit. Keenan is a pro though. Everybody lost it at the end

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

During the time of it's premiere, MadTV was set up to be the perfect replacement for a struggling Saturday Night Live. With a fresh cast of talent, and the history of Mad Magazine behind it, MadTV started strong, but quickly lost favor among it's core audience when SNL began it's resurgence. Even though it was brought back for a brief time years after it's cancellation, MadTV never quite found it's footing with a new audience. Should Mad Magazines, MadTV have had a longer legacy? Or was Saturday Night Live just too big to go up against?

#madtv #saturdaynightlive #snl

SOURCES

:ohhh:Interesting that younger audiences (i.e. Teens) preferred MadTV over SNL. Makes sense to me. Growing up me & my siblings watched MadTV. I never paid any attention to SNL until I was an adult & MadTV was done.

Last edited: