The Wall
"Asked my homey how traveling the world sounds
"Found it hard to believe he hasnt been past downtown
Thats deep...."

"Sat by the window with a clucthed stone
listening to shorties cuss long
Young girls with weak minds
But they BUTT STRONG!!!!""

I look at this song like neopolitan ice cream whatever flavor you pick you cant go wrong

I still think Common came the hardest though:blessed:

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
When this song came first out I wanted to use it for my high school English project where we were supposed to explain a poem. It was too complex, my writeup was going to be thousands of words past the assigned word count limit. Definitely a classic.

Another one that's less well known but equally classic to me. No Mos on this one, Kweli and Common team with Pharaohe Monch this time:

Mos and Common on this one with the Roots:

Brandwin

Pro
Daps
I remember being 17 and walking into the record store - Told the guy who worked there (was actually in a group here in Waco with producer S1 at the time), I was looking for something different than the southern rap that everyone played in Texas and something not mainstream. Pointed me to this record and the rest was history. Opened my eyes to different shyt. Forever grateful...

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Top 5 hiphop songs of all-time imo

When i think about it you are correct. The song is absolutely perfect. The beat, the lyricism. Everything. I feel INTELLIGENT when listening to it. Its my type of hiphop. If i had to let an alien from outer space listen to 5 songs to define what hiphop is to me, Respiration would be 1 of those songs