Lupita Nyong’o Has DNA from the Oldest Maternal Haplogroup

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
probably makes her more resilient to disease, aging, overall destructive power of the sun, likely synthesizes foods better, more adept to adapt at a finger snap...., hmmm do she have sisters? tryna nut in her or them...:wow:
wow shes a super woman now:gladbron:

:mjlol:

RadaMillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, Uganda
I had to log back in to 23andme to see what my maternal halpogroup was and it's actually a sub division of her L0 haplogroup.

Haplogroup L3h
Your maternal line stems from L3h, one of the oldest daughter haplogroups of L3. Members of L3h all descend a woman who lived nearly 60,000 years ago, perhaps in the vicinity of present-day Ethiopia. Her descendants migrated westward along the southern fringe of the Sahara Desert to the Atlantic coast of Africa. The haplogroup is also found in Yemen, just across the Red Sea from Ethiopia. Elsewhere, L3h reaches its highest levels among the Datoga of Tanzania, who migrated relatively recently from Sudan.

I am Somali, so this gotta be accurate, my ancestors were in East Africa region for over a 100K years :wow:

Shoog Shatmi

All Star
Daps
It's not the oldest haplogroup. All haplogroups are roughly the same age as the branch they split from. I didn't watch the video, but I'm guessing her maternal group is L0, which is the haplogroup with the oldest split from the rest of humanity, not the oldest haplogroup.

Last edited: