Lupe Fiasco - DROGAS WAVE (Discussion Thread)

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
Would be dope if he really does drop info related to each song leading up to the physical release date.

I think this one will pull back in some fans he lost at Tetsuo & Youth, which as cohesive as it turned out to be, most of that wasn’t actually intended for the album and just chose the 12 best songs he had completed on the side. If you’ve paid attention to his twitter freestyles over the past year or so, the quadruple entendre raps seem like the kind of stuff he likes to do in his spare time and what I imagine Skulls will sound more like, since he’s said that one is for himself. This, however, is for the fans and generally more accessible than ANKH:HER. There’s still a few songs that need some unpacking, but for the most part, Wave returns to his knack for storytelling and flow versatility. And as much as he prioritizes lyricism, this is his most melodic project yet.

If he lost anyone at Tetsuo & Youth, them bytches can stay gone. That album was damn near perfect.

:banderas: on repeat in anticipation for WAVES.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
It's just all the more impressive once you realize this is a low-budget album recorded in a closet lol.
Thats what makes this impressive, I read this was recorded in his house. He scraped together some of his resources being a indie to make this. It doesnt even sound low-budget.

This is like Lupe's Makaveli album of his discog, Pac got "basement" level producers and turned something lackluster and gave us a gold/classic.

this isnt a classic, but Lupe gathered the scraps and few things he had and gave us a hell of a project:wow:

ThaEruditious

She luv it over here like Gold Watch.
Daps
Reppin
Nashville/Augusta
I think it was a throwaway album to get out of his contract with Atlantic.

DROGAS WAVE is his first independent album.

No, Light was indy as well and distributed by the same company that'll be releasing WAVES (Thirty Tigers/The Orchid), he just owed Atlantic a percentage of the sales since all those songs were recorded on their dime.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Even Lassie attacked me
Tag me for grappling so I can get back to wrestling
For the love, cause the Foundation is my Hart

The-Hart-Foundation-sportskeeda.jpg

I see what you did there Lupe :bryan: