‘Luke Cage’ Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
‘Luke Cage’ Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman
By
Ricky Riley
-
October 4, 2016
Share on Facebook

Tweet on Twitter

During a Sept. 30 interview with “The Breakfast Club” radio show, “Luke Cage” actor Michael Colter talks about his wife and Black heroes.

In the clip, host Charlemagne asks Colter about the reaction he receives when Black female fans discover his wife is white. The actor responds by professing his love for “sistas.” But Colter does not apologize for loving his wife. He says that he married his wife because they have been together since he was a struggling grad student.

“I’m a human being,” he starts. “I look at people [for their] character and what is inside… I met my wife when I was struggling and in grad school. She stuck with me for 16 years … She held me up many times.”

2016-10-04_1124-min.png

Michael and Iva Colter
Colter adds that his wife Iva is a Netflix executive in charge of talent acquisition.

'Luke Cage' Actor Michael Colter Responds to Fans Criticizing Him for Marrying a White Woman - Atlanta Black Star

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I'll always roll my eyes at interracial relationships and the excuses black folks make for not dating their own but it is what it is :manny:.

He did good work with this show and I'm proud of him and everyone else involved with the project. The show is flames :blessed:

Instead of worrying about who is in interracial relationships, celebrate black love :ahh:

4t4mjr.jpg

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Just think, she has a PhD and could've married some rich redneck right and her kid could've came out hating Blacks, silver spoon handed down to him looking down on us nikkas,

But nope, her kid gonna come out like Drake, Obama, Mariah or whatever. He saved us some trouble by dilluting the overseer's bloodstream. Reparations nikka.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If she a ride or die like that then more power to them. If a woman is there for you while you're down, she deserves to be there for the come up. ESPECIALLY if you're famous and you never know who to trust or who's tryna use you at any given moment. At that point you might as well stay with your Day One if she's a good partner. Seems like she got a nice ass job too:ehh:. Good for them.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Nobody was fukking with him when he was moving audition to audition, and getting denied over and over

Now that he's gettin' shine, these chicks are Googling him, trying to find out who his wife is.

Black women love to Google who a nikka's wife or girlfriend is, as if they have a shot with the man!

When he was broke and trying to put food in his belly, they didn't give a shyt.

His wife held him down. He shouldn't have to explain anything.

Last edited: