LTTP Castlevania SOTN

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
its the leveling up that kind of keeps me from playing it, it adds rpg elements but i was never that good at rpgs and then when you die you have sit through that screen over and over

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
I have this on my xbox from when it was on sell for like 2 bucks, I beat the first boss but I've never really had a chance to sit down and play it through.... so many games to beat man :to:

Joker

The Harlequin of Hate
Daps
Reppin
Arkham Asylum
its the leveling up that kind of keeps me from playing it, it adds rpg elements but i was never that good at rpgs and then when you die you have sit through that screen over and over
incorporating rpg elements into castlevania saved the series. konami was depending on the success of symphony of the night, or were going to write the series off altogether. that's why it still hasn't been abandoned, and is often the reason why the 3d iterations are shunned -- because half of them do not have a leveling system.

really it's not even that deep. you kill shyt like any other game, and collect experience for it. there isn't much managing going on, and you can beat the game with an extremely low level too. don't even need to be too mindful of your level or stats, just use the best gear you find.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This game man.............. I never was a fan of the castlevania games so I skipped this during the ps1 days. Out of curiosity I copped of PSN and man.......... this game :wow:

the bosses:wow:

the design of the castle :wow:

the metroid like map :wow:

The music :wow::blessed::dj2:

I'm currently at the beginning of the inverted castle

I wish I could get amnesia from a massive head injury just to relive this experience. :wow:

I envy you. Had I known you never played it I would've harassed you daily, for years, starting back on SOHH to get on it. This is one of those games I assume everyone has played.

Fred.

Trap-A-LoT

Daps
Reppin
Downloaded the PSX version yesterday, and started to play on my Android.I'm not really into platformers, but I decided to check it out due to the RPG elements and the exploration.I played it like half an hour and I like it so far :obama:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Just finished SOTN 195% after locking in for 3 days. This shyt was amazing, first time ever playing it.

This might be my new greatest game ever :to:

Why no true sequel :mjcry:

I remember I had Castlevania Bloodlines on the Genesis as a kid, I hated that game. I think that drove me away from the series as a whole.

What a mistake on my part :whoo:

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just finished SOTN 195% after locking for 3 days. This shyt was amazing, first ever playing it.

I remember I had Castlevania Bloodlines on the Genesis as a kid, I hated that game. I think that drove me away from the series as a whole.

There is 2-3 games that are sequels to this on the DS. There was no true sequel back in the day because it was one of the last new 2D games to come out before 3D took over.

Fred.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Just finished SOTN 195% after locking for 3 days. This shyt was amazing, first ever playing it.

Like dude said, DS has 3 diet SOTNs. There is also Aria of sorrow, Harmony of Dissonance and Circle of the moon on GBA

• Dap
Reactions: hex

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I wish I could get amnesia from a massive head injury just to relive this experience. :wow:

I envy you. Had I known you never played it I would've harassed you daily, for years, starting back on SOHH to get on it. This is one of those games I assume everyone has played.

Fred.
Im on my 6th playthrough :damn:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When I came across Beezlebub and Granfaloon, it certified the game as a GOAT for me :russ:

What other game from that era had you fighting a boss made of a festering ball of dead corpses?:blessed:

This RE2 and THPS 2 are my PS1 GOATS