[LSA] How We Make Black Girls Grow Up Too Fast

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
Okay. Sexual abuse aside, I understand exposure of kids to adult themes. With TV and internet its difficult to escape.

I was watching this kids show called Nicky, Ricky and Dawn.... And the part I saw the mom was blindfolded by the dad on sime surprise thing. They bumped into a muscular black guy. The mom grabs and feels his bicep, still blindfolded, the dad tells.her its not me, the black guy talks to the dad, the mom keeps feeling his arm and then takes a deep sniff if his arm....

So with these kids shows and adverts and a films...

These "fast" kids will never be safe as long as there are pedos who wont turn them down. I only say fast coz not all kids react the same way after exposure to the same content.

But I agree that the hyper sexual teens usually have some type of abuse in the mix.

Is every "fast" girl a victim of sexual abuse? No I don't think so. Have they been sexualized or/and exposed to sex early? Yes, I believe so. Being a approached by men by the time the time they show development and some before. Being left to there own devices more often, lack of guidance etc... Home situations, the importance of a man being pushed on them, conversations they shouldn't hear, wanting a father figure etc... What they see as being a woman and what it means to be grown.

I don't think people realize the level of dysfunction there is in a lot of communities. Things that seem simple or not a big deal have huge affects on children.

What do you mean throw themselves in the mix? A child making decisions vs. an adult is throwing themselves in the mix? I believe it goes beyond knowing right from wrong. You are dealing with a child's mind. Things that a teens thinks is ok, ask them at 20, their outlook has changed. Things you thought as a teen didn't matter or wasn't a big deal like a 4-5 year age difference. Thinking I'm 15 he is 21 what's the big deal. But it's a huge mental difference and more than likely someone is getting taken advantage of. That's not the same as 20 and 25 or 26.

But yea I do know there are fast girls like that. I didn't say they're weren't but most of the time people don't consider the factors I talked about. We don't want to talk about them. When someone says things like yea we know there are victims but- to me it's like do you really know how often this has happened? Maybe they do, it just sounds dismissive to me. I do know girls who were what was considered normal teen boy crazy to those who I thought they were fast. Thinking back on it comparing what their home life was vs. mine. The influences they had vs. mine. Most of them had some type of dysfunction. I'm not saying there is no blame or personal responsibility. Just there are reasons for everything and some of them affect people differently. Their are factors we don't consider and quick to dismiss a woman as a hoe, even teens.

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
Do we undermine the teenagers that decided not to have sex with their peers or adults when we claim teenagers don't know how to make decisions?

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Do we undermine the teenagers that decided not to have sex with their peers or adults when we claim teenagers don't know how to make decisions?

I'm not saying teenagers don't know how to make decisions. I'm saying most of the time they aren't going to make the same decisions as an adult and comparing their judgment to an adult is wrong.

There are some mature teens or teens that have influences that lead them to make different decisions. Some people see sex all around them and decide I want no part of that. I chose not to have sex, I also thought I was very mature. I still wasn't mature as I thought I was. I still made bad judgment calls in other areas.

Teens are going through emotional and hormonal changes. They are literally still in development.

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying teenagers don't know how to make decisions. I'm saying most of the time they aren't going to make the same decisions as an adult and comparing their judgment to an adult is wrong.

There are some mature teens or teens that have influences that lead them to make different decisions. Some people see sex all around them and decide I want no part of that. I chose not to have sex, I also thought I was very mature. I still wasn't mature as I thought I was. I still made bad judgment calls in other areas.

Teens are going through emotional and hormonal changes. They are literally still in development.

Right. I guess it boils down to how we hold people accountable for their actions and at what age do we contribute certain mental behaviors. A 15 year old is just as smart or just as dumb as a 18 year old, imo, which is why a lot of people think it's weird when a older man messes with a very young girl despite her being of legal age.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Right. I guess it boils down to how we hold people accountable for their actions and at what age do we contribute certain mental behaviors. A 15 year old is just as smart or just as dumb as a 18 year old, imo, which is why a lot of people think it's weird when a older man messes with a very young girl despite her being of legal age.

I don't agree with that but I side eye older men talking too 18 year olds too. The whole 18 to 20 age range. I don't think there are good intentions there.

EARFQUAKE

šŸ„°
Supporter
Daps
Sex is a taboo in most households it should be approached from a more honest POV instead of children teaching themselves

My parents didn't talk about it. No idea why because me and my siblings were left alone a lot. At the same time we kinda just knew that if we did something we weren't supposed to that was our ass lol.