Lowkey, Mos Def Has One Of the Greatest Final 4 Bars To A Song In Hiphop History

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Knew it would be these lines...had me like :leon: when i first heard it

The great thing about those bars is that it truly wraps up the entire song in a nutshell. Its like he told a story and summarized the whole story in those last bars. Its just a perfect ending to a song. It really makes you go :ohhh:like you learned something. Thats great lyricism

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
if we can take every rapper in their absolute prime. mos def might be the greatest rapper to ever live. there was a time where NOBODY could fukk with him.

Yessir!

From 99-2004 he couldn't do no wrong. And not just albums but the singles and features that weren't on his albums too.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Mos, Common and Talib all dropped classics within that same year. I think Mos dropped in October of 99 and the other two in 2000.

Not to mention D'angelo dropping Voodoo in the same time span. That Soulquarians era was truly something special :mjcry:. Copped all these on vinyl this year :ohlawd:

Loved that era. Great time to black kid in college because that was the vibe in my circle

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
A true poet. :wow:What bout his verse on Respiration? For the longest i had Talib as the best verse but recently i switched over to Mos

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/lyri...o-toe-with-any-song-in-hiphop-history.371331/

Skycrapers is colossus, the cost of livin is poposterous/
stay alive, you play or die----no options/
No Batman & Robin/
Cant tell between the cops and the robbers/
they both heartless, they ALL heartless, wit NO conscious/
backstreets stay darkened/
while unbelievin hearts stay hardened:wow:

Classic track and video. Talib, Common and mighty Mos all killed it, but Mos took this one.

Love the way he emphasizes certain words. Kinda sad he didn't use that style of rapping no more on his later albums...

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Classic track and video. Talib, Common and mighty Mos all killed it, but Mos took this one.

Love the way he emphasizes certain words. Kinda sad he didn't use that style of rapping no more on his later albums...

yeah, that's that Last Poets sounding spoken word stuff.

Funny, I never even noticed it until you brought it up just now.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Mos Def is the rapper I feel that gets over looked in favor of the Lauryn Hill and Andre 3000s. In that they cover that same lane but Mos has way more material but isn't as praised for some reason. It's weird.

Why do u think this is? I never really followed dudes career like that. He def has that "it" factor also. Didnt he go into hiding or some shyt and move to Africa?