Low Ki: The And 1 mixtape wrestler that Never Made It

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
So I'm watching some old ROH events (God help me) and I stumble across a young Low Ki:

ki.png

I remember one of my high school classmates at the time hyping this man up to the moon. I mean, dude would download clips on Limewire of Low Ki being an entire demon in the ring. I'm talking kicks to the face, shin snaps, and all sorts of demonic behavior for a fake sport. He would legit come off as a prize winner, when in reality he was a mark to his craft. Yet, it dawned on me that this dude was an "And 1" wrestler. When I mean by "And 1", I mean doing the absolute most, but only being stuck in that era. When dude tried to venture onto the main promotions like WWE, he was a mid weird midget to the game.

Then, lettuce discuss him getting thrown out of CZW which blows my mind...CZ fukking W:

DUGmrIAWsAAjhbM.jpg

Lets go into the land of the rising sun where Low Ki could be GOATed like AJ Styles and any other gaijin, but....tisk tisk tisk:

low-ki-hitman-1492797235-800.jpg

He was told to not do the "Hitman" cosplay because of the Square Enix stuff (copyrights and etc), yet what does this idiot do? Shows up, has a match of the night, and gets let go from NJPW.

Let's go further down the ring ropes shall we....Bloodsport:

gcw-800x1280fit.jpg

This match could have been lit, but here's the thing..."that's not going to work for Ki brother"

Low Ki did not want to do the job (which is an ongoing thing of his career), and wanted to get money out of an up and coming GCW. We were left with Suzuki coming through and doing the job, while Low Ki got a bigger rep of being a p*ssy.

So all in all, Low Ki became a mark for himself like most of the And 1 mixtape basketball players. They were fun to watch on the court, but good grief the transition from the streets to the fame did not work out for any of them but one, and even he got his ass busted in the court.

The fact remains that Low Ki was the blueprint of what not to do in professional wrestling. Dude had a strong following but manage to fukk it all up due to his ego, his persona, and his "It's still real to me steez".

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I was wondering why he didn’t last longer in NJPW that’s nuts

The shytty thing about it all was that dude was in his bag over there. That three-way between him, Kota, and Devitt still to this day one of my favorite matches of all time...hell the best 3 way IMO due to the perfect timing, the sequencing, and polish of the match.

All Ki had to do was suck up his pride and wrestle, but heaven's forbid his ego could be deflated....especially at friggin Wrestle Kingdom :francis:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I don't know if his promos ever got better than what he did in ROH because I never watched him anywhere else, but his ROH promos were horrendous. Sounded like fukking Ben Stein reading off a teleprompter.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I don't know if his promos ever got better than what he did in ROH because I never watched him anywhere else, but his ROH promos were horrendous. Sounded like fukking Ben Stein reading off a teleprompter.

TBF, early ROH promos were fukking terrible :deadrose: . Like straight up down bad my first cutting edge promo shyt.

Some indie dude: "LISTEN HERE...! SUCH AND SUCH, I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE FRIENDS! I JUST WANT TO BEAT YOU! I WANT THE BELT AND I fukkING HATE YOU (because the word fukk can actually make the crowd pop). YOU WILL NEVER BEAT ME AND AT OCTOBER THE 3RD...2002...(excessive breathing), YOU WILL KNOW THE MEANING OF PAIN IN THE RING (more excessive breathing as he walks off while some random jobber looks puzzled).

:deadrose:Good grief this shyt aged horribly.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
TBF, early ROH promos were fukking terrible :deadrose: . Like straight up down bad my first cutting edge promo shyt.

Some indie dude: "LISTEN HERE...! SUCH AND SUCH, I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE FRIENDS! I JUST WANT TO BEAT YOU! I WANT THE BELT AND I fukkING HATE YOU (because the word fukk can actually make the crowd pop). YOU WILL NEVER BEAT ME AND AT OCTOBER THE 3RD...2002...(excessive breathing), YOU WILL KNOW THE MEANING OF PAIN IN THE RING (more excessive breathing as he walks off while some random jobber looks puzzled).

:deadrose:Good grief this shyt aged horribly.
Yeah I got Honor Club for a month earlier this year and started out from the beginning and was like “holy shyt I forgot how bad these promos were”

Some of the wrestling was still pretty legit but the low-card talent was horrendous.

Alexis Laree, aka Micke James, bouncing around was quite the site though.
:shaq:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I remember an interview in which some wrestler (I don't remember who) said that Lo-Ki had a bad reputation for his potatoes to other guys. The thing that was telling to me though was that Lo-Ki knew who not to punch or kick for real.
Can you imagine Lo Ki kicking Ron Simmons, Scott Steiner, D'Lo Brown, or 2 Cold Scorpio in the face? Lo-Ki would've gotten Lo-Killed!

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I remember an interview in which some wrestler (I don't remember who) said that Lo-Ki had a bad reputation for his potatoes to other guys. The thing that was telling to me though was that Lo-Ki knew who not to punch or kick for real.
Can you imagine Lo Ki kicking Ron Simmons, Scott Steiner, D'Lo Brown, or 2 Cold Scorpio in the face? Lo-Ki would've gotten Lo-Killed!

Try to potato Bork Laser and end up getting that hard way brother :wow: