Low key, I seriously wonder sometimes why I don't just try preaching

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
ciroq drobama said:
Preaching has to be the cushiest job on the planet. You DON'T need any particular education or certs

This is false but ultimately depends on the congregation. Most require them to at least obtain a B. Div (Bachelor of Divinity). Many pastors go on to get an M. Div (Master of Divinity) or D. D. (Doctor of Divinity) since they travel to different congregations. That's a total of 7-8 years in a completely scholarly environment with some previous preaching experience required beforehand.

The pastors I know personally all have at least a Bachelor's and work about 50 - 80 hrs./week.

Most of my rebuttals to the ignorant anti-religious posts on this board are due to conversations I have with them.​

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all the preachers ive met are all rich....but can u live with yourself is the question?

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
It's funny that people only focus on the prosperity pimps when they discuss pastors, but a guy like Francis Chan that gives away 90% of his income and book sales, and opens his house up to the less fortunate gets completely ignored.

This is false but ultimately depends on the congregation. Most require them to at least obtain a B. Div (Bachelor of Divinity). Many pastors go on to get an M. Div (Master of Divinity) or D. D. (Doctor of Divinity) since they travel to different congregations. That's a total of 7-8 years in a completely scholarly environment with some previous preaching experience required beforehand.

The pastors I know personally all have at least a Bachelor's and work about 50 - 80 hrs./week.

Most of my rebuttals to the ignorant anti-religious posts on this board are due to conversations I have with them.​

Yep, unless you're starting your own congregation or you're preaching in some small backwoods church you have to have at least a bachelor's degree to be brought on to a pastoral staff.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)

You don't think a good number of them are becoming non-believers in the process, though? The majority of shyt they learn at that level will never be heard on Sunday morning. I can't imagine learning that much and continuing on with my head truly in the sand. What else have they told you? :sas1:

It's funny that people only focus on the prosperity pimps when they discuss pastors, but a guy like Francis Chan that gives away 90% of his income and book sales, and opens his house up to the less fortunate gets completely ignored.

Yep, unless you're starting your own congregation or you're preaching in some small backwoods church you have to have at least a bachelor's degree to be brought on to a pastoral staff.

Never heard of him but I respect anyone, regardless of belief, that's dedicated to helping humanity :salute:

jmspro

Banned
Daps
One of my lifelong goals is to invest in building a church and finding a handsome dude (nh) than can talk to be the pastor.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
ciroq drobama said:
You don't think a good number of them are becoming non-believers in the process, though?

Not from what I've heard.​

ciroq drobama said:
The majority of shyt they learn at that level will never be heard on Sunday morning.

Depends on which church/synagogue/mosque/etc. you go to. They aren't all the same. Also, because of the Internet, the stuff they learned is easily accessible.​

concise

Veteran
Daps
Preaching has to be the cushiest job on the planet. You DON'T need any particular education or certs, all the money you get is tax free, you have a building full of single and lonely women just ripe for the picking, and the power... my god, the POWER :ohlawd: it's like you have your own little kingdom-- and it really doesn't matter what the fukk you say so long as it scream it loud enough and make the crowd feel it. Nobody is even able to question, they're there to listen. somebody on my fb shared this TD Jakes video earlier... nikka was saying some retarded ass shyt about people being giraffes and turtles :what: but people in the crowd were going ham and even in the comments, people were losing their shyt. On some, "Bishop, you're speaking directly to me, I don't want to be a turtle anymore :noah:" It's so much potential power man :wow: I'd wanna come with all kinda bullshyt just for the kicks lol like,

"The CAT might 'meow' but when the DOG barking he is being FAITHFUL AND OBEDIENT to his master! :damn: The CAT isn't given a cathouse just as the sinner isn't given eternal life but the dog..."

*Crowd starts turning up* :ooh: "Alright now! :lawd:"

"The DOG will earn a DOGHOUSE just as YOU will earn your place is HEAVEN!!! :damn:"

The only downside is you have to listen to people's bullshyt but that's pretty minor in the grand scheme. After time you probably get used to it. I know the majority, if not all of these major preachers are milking the game, so why not join the hustle? :lupe:

This has been on your mind for a while.
Why don't you just join in?

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
This has been on your mind for a while.
Why don't you just join in?

Nah, somebody shared the video I posted earlier on fb and it reminded me of this thread. I'd never have the patience or energy to entertain that much bullshyt, money aside. Plus, I'm way too altruistic :shaq2:

Can't help but notice the hustle and all it's perks though :sas2: