Lord of The Rings: Rings of Power TV Series - Season 2 (August. 29. 2024/Official Thread)

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I didn’t see S1,

It was good my “Turncoat, turning on Harlem to be a Kingpin” brother? :lupe:
With all the unharlemlike behavior going on lately i had to take a stronger stance to protect it. Aint no turncoat.

but yes the show was good. some people hated the inclusive casting, (they had black elves and dwarves) and some didn't like the lead

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
With all the unharlemlike behavior going on lately i had to take a stronger stance to protect it. Aint no turncoat.

but yes the show was good. some people hated the inclusive casting, (they had black elves and dwarves) and some didn't like the lead
She was just as stoic as Cate Blanchett was in the movie, I don't know what the issue is

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
She was just as stoic as Cate Blanchett was in the movie, I don't know what the issue is
Cate Blanchett was more elegantly statuesque than stoic.
This girl was just stoic, which rarely is a trait appreciated by audiences with a female lead.
Can work with male lead, because males often supplement it with an innate sense of power. stoic but you know they can explode with a feat of strength or power. Arnold can be stoic. Thanos can stoic
Somebody whose ass you know you can beat can't be stoic, even though technically her character can whoop our ass, her physical presence doesn't exude that power. You need a 6ft tall women like sigourney weaver if you want a woman to be stoic successfully. not a 5'3 sprite.
little people work better as the Joe Pesci hyper psycho unstable dangerous type than the innate powerful stoic type.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
With the kind of money they shelled out for the rights, there's no way this wasn't at least going to at least have a second season.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
How much did each Ring of Power episode cost?

Every single episode had a 60-100 million dollar budget-- about the same as the entire PJ lotr trilogy

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Cate Blanchett was more elegantly statuesque than stoic.
This girl was just stoic, which rarely is a trait appreciated by audiences with a female lead.
Can work with male lead, because males often supplement it with an innate sense of power. stoic but you know they can explode with a feat of strength or power. Arnold can be stoic. Thanos can stoic
Somebody whose ass you know you can beat can't be stoic, even though technically her character can whoop our ass, her physical presence doesn't exude that power. You need a 6ft tall women like sigourney weaver if you want a woman to be stoic successfully. not a 5'3 sprite.
little people work better as the Joe Pesci hyper psycho unstable dangerous type than the innate powerful stoic type.

not sure that height/size always has something to do with it.

these people are all short/sleight or old.

examples:

also:

it's acting.

even old alex in real life had the media shook

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
not sure that height/size always has something to do with it.

these people are all short/sleight or old.

examples:

also:

it's acting.

even old alex in real life had the media shook

I guess its just the abilitiy for them to be at least somewhat intimidating more than height.
The stoic types are often mean mugging.
and some people just can't be taken serious when they mean mug.
People are supposed to be scared to make eye contact with you when you have the :demonic: face going, Not look back at you on some tf you looking at? :dahell:
you can't just cast a girl like this, and expect us to buy into her as a badass stoic type. she'll just come off more of a karen than a badass
853751_v9_bc.jpg

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I guess its just the abilitiy for them to be at least somewhat intimidating more than height.
The stoic types are often mean mugging.
and some people just can't be taken serious when they mean mug.
People are supposed to be scared to make eye contact with you when you have the :demonic: face going, Not look back at you on some tf you looking at? :dahell:
you can't just cast a girl like this, and expect us to buy into her as a badass stoic type. she'll just come off more of a karen than a badass

they even made waif jolie intimidating

:hubie:

even the scottish wus (prox x) in wanted (above) became the beast.