Loose Skin

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Over the last couple of years I've lost a lot of weight. I was 406 pounds, and now I'm 212. The one side effect of that is loose skin. I now have about 20 pounds worth. My doctor wants me to do skin surgery and I might do it, but I wanted to see what exercise and toning ideas anyone else may have as alternatives.

brother walt

GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
Over the last couple of years I've lost a lot of weight. I was 406 pounds, and now I'm 212. The one side effect of that is loose skin. I now have about 20 pounds worth. My doctor wants me to do skin surgery and I might do it, but I wanted to see what exercise and toning ideas anyone else may have as alternatives.

nothing bro nothing get that surgery :ufdup:

brother walt

GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
If you don't mind me asking, how are you guys losing this much weight... Is it mostly cardio? If so, what type... You shouldn't be having issues with loose skin like that if you're lifting... especially black men

yea I feel that I had to scale it back a lil its very inticing to just do a lot of cardio eat 1000 calories and lose a lot of weight because I hate my man boobs but I went from 288 to 250:blessed: in 4 weeks just doing cardio and I started to feel flabby:merchant: and drropy now I eat 1800 to 2000 cal and no cardio and lift its slower but I don't want saggy skin because I cant afford surgery :sadbron:and im black :leon:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
yea I feel that I had to scale it back a lil its very inticing to just do a lot of cardio eat 1000 calories and lose a lot of weight because I hate my man boobs but I went from 288 to 250:blessed: in 4 weeks just doing cardio and I started to feel flabby:merchant: and drropy now I eat 1800 to 2000 cal and no cardio and lift its slower but I don't want saggy skin because I cant afford surgery :sadbron:and im black :leon:

Make sure every calorie has a lot of nutritional value... and lift hard my brother..... The only cardio you need is short intense cardio.... No ellipticals, steppers, cross trainers, etc.... If you're gonna do cardio, just make sure its really intense and involves the whole body..... like sprints, stairs, old school tae bo, hitting the heavy bag, etc....

Your body is meant to be used as a whole, so when you isolate too much it throws your body off...... incorporate some dead lifts, and cleans in your repertoire, and also invest in a heavy kettle bell and you should be golden.......

Look into Skogg's kettlebell program and others that are similar to it.....

A nutritious clean diet>>>> than any exercise.... eat the right types of food for good energy.....

brother walt

GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GOOD AND CHEAP PODCAST
Make sure every calorie has a lot of nutritional value... and lift hard my brother..... The only cardio you need is short intense cardio.... No ellipticals, steppers, cross trainers, etc.... If you're gonna do cardio, just make sure its really intense and involves the whole body..... like sprints, stairs, old school tae bo, hitting the heavy bag, etc....

Your body is meant to be used as a whole, so when you isolate too much it throws your body off...... incorporate some dead lifts, and cleans in your repertoire, and also invest in a heavy kettle bell and you should be golden.......

Look into Skogg's kettlebell program and others that are similar to it.....

A nutritious clean diet>>>> than any exercise.... eat the right types of food for good energy.....

preciate it and I gotta quit smoking shyts hard

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you don't mind me asking, how are you guys losing this much weight... Is it mostly cardio? If so, what type... You shouldn't be having issues with loose skin like that if you're lifting... especially black men
The first thing I did was use this book my doctor suggested called "The 17 Day Diet." I learned to eat clean from that book. I did started to do cardio daily. I'm talking an hour on the elliptical at the highest level my body can take, and also adding in some jogging on the treadmill or outdoors after that. The diet worked great. I dropped 100 pounds in four months.

Last edited:

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
he said he lost 200 pounds... you're gonna have loose skin after that.

Try drinking homemade bonestock op. Bones naturally have collagen in them so they help skin renew itself/tighten up. Won't work over night. But lift and give it a year or so see what happens. In the mean time u can save for surgery if you need it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
he said he lost 200 pounds... you're gonna have loose skin after that.

Try drinking homemade bonestock op. Bones naturally have collagen in them so they help skin renew itself/tighten up. Won't work over night. But lift and give it a year or so see what happens. In the mean time u can save for surgery if you need it.

Didn't realize it was over 200 lbs until after I posted that

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
do the surgery