Looks like the next Kojima game is cross-gen

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He’s been showing behind the scenes footage of him working on his new game. He’s in Tokyo at Kojima Productions using Sonys new MADO tech to film and shoot mo-cap at Santa Monica Studios in California.

The tech is pretty cool but they basically dropped hints that its on ps4

FN_vuE_aQAEqE9j

FN_wPAAaQAA19Aw

FNXQdw-VIAEpxIq

Daps
I never understood this argument
People bring up GOW or Horizon when they started off on the PS4 before there was even a COVID situation
One could make an argument for GT7 but that probably wasn't even PS5 exclusive in the 1st place just like GOW and Horizon
I keep seeing this argument when the Sony developers eventually determine if the game will be ps5 exclusive
Otherwise no way Spiderman 2 and Wolverine are PS5 exclusive they would simply be cross gen
I highly doubt they are going to pull oh wait we forgot they're both cross gen in 2023
Any real gamer wants next gen exclusives not games gimped by last gen consoles

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I never understood this argument
People bring up GOW or Horizon when they started off on the PS4 before there was even a COVID situation
One could make an argument for GT7 but that probably wasn't even PS5 exclusive in the 1st place just like GOW and Horizon
I keep seeing this argument when the Sony developers eventually determine if the game will be ps5 exclusive
Otherwise no way Spiderman 2 and Wolverine are PS5 exclusive they would simply be cross gen
I highly doubt they are going to pull oh wait we forgot they're both cross gen in 2023
Any real gamer wants next gen exclusives not games gimped by last gen consoles

Just seems like the stock shortage is forcing their hand

Daps
Considering how bad Ps5 stock is, cross gen is here to stay for the long haul
Yet Spiderman 2, Wolverine, Rift Apart, are PS5 exclusive and more to come
Highly doubt ND is going to dedicate 3-4+ years in THIS gen on 1 game having to worry about the ps4 when they release Savage Starlight (2024 most likely) or other new IP's
It's reported the TLOU remake is PS5 exclusive
Not a strong argument otherwise every exclusive would be cross gen

Last edited:
Daps
Just seems like the stock shortage is forcing their hand
That doesn't make sense.
What about games the studious that already started developing EXCLUSIVELY for the ps5?
That won't work because a PS5 is a completely different beast compared to the PS4 they might have entire sections taken out or not be able to create the game if the game is based on taking advantage of the PS5's hardware, and the SSD.
Applying basic consistency EVERY game Sony published and have announced for the future would have been cross gen
Rift Apart got released
Spiderman 2 and Wolverine are coming
TLOU remake is reported to be PS5 exclusive
Highly doubt ND, Sucker Punch are going to release cross gen 4+ years into the PS5 cycle, especially considering how seriously people like Cory and Neil take their work
They will want the best available options to carry out their vision, which is only focusing on PS5 hardware
I want next gen gameplay not just pretty graphics
Rift Apart gaves us a very very small glimpse
Imagin developers like ND and SM completely dedicated to PS5 hardware
Sony will most likely switch up the means they are producing PS5s to produce more, like they announced in the past
Now imagine COVID is here for the next 5+ years, so cross gen for 5+ years?
Yeah for multiplatforms but I highly doubt studios like ND and Santa Monica and others who are always pushing boundaries are going to want to be held back
3+ years into a NEW generation
Next gen gameplay otherwise what was the point of all this SSD talk?
Keep that up all we will be getting is pretty graphics and 0 advancements in pushing the fold gameplay wise, which is what I was excited about. A Horizon 3 on PS5 and PS5 only is a completely universe compared to a cross gen or a GOW3 or Spiderman 3 (fast swinging), etc.
beyond pretty graphics
People are missing the big picture even if it's not fully realized this generation 3D gameplay is going to another level due to technology but people are only focused on prettier graphics

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That doesn't make sense.
What about games the studious that already started developing EXCLUSIVELY for the ps5?
That won't work because a PS5 is a completely different beast compared to the PS4 they might have entire sections taken out or not be able to create the game if the game is based on taking advantage of the PS5's hardware, and the SSD.
Applying basic consistency EVERY game Sony published and have announced for the future would have been cross gen
Rift Apart got released
Spiderman 2 and Wolverine are coming
TLOU remake is reported to be PS5 exclusive
Highly doubt ND, Sucker Punch are going to release cross gen 4+ years into the PS5 cycle, especially considering how seriously people like Cory and Neil take their work
They will want the best available options to carry out their vision, which is only focusing on PS5 hardware
I want next gen gameplay not just pretty graphics
Rift Apart gaves us a very very small glimpse
Imagin developers like ND and SM completely dedicated to PS5 hardware
Sony will most likely switch up the means they are producing PS5s to produce more, like they announced in the past
Now imagine COVID is here for the next 5+ years, so cross gen for 5+ years?
Yeah for multiplatforms but I highly doubt studios like ND and Santa Monica and others who are always pushing boundaries are going to want to be held back
3+ years into a NEW generation
Next gen gameplay otherwise what was the point of all this SSD talk?
Keep that up all we will be getting is pretty graphics and 0 advancements in pushing the fold gameplay wise, which is what I was excited about. A Horizon 3 on PS5 and PS5 only is a completely universe compared to a cross gen or a GOW3 or Spiderman 3 (fast swinging), etc.
beyond pretty graphics
People are missing the big picture even if it's not fully realized this generation 3D gameplay is going to another level due to technology but people are only focused on prettier graphics

I could see them just having ot build different versions

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These companies ain't gonna leave the 100m customers behind because these broke nikkaz aint upgrade yet. Same with PC games.. They can make games that run on 3080s and they would look crazy but the majority of people have old graphics cards so they make games with low specs so everyone can play.