Looking for a Porsche, should I go for totaled(just light damage) and fix it up or just search on craigslist?

Mystic

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Don't need a Porsche any will do but I said fukk it why not a Porsche? A new one would be preferred but like I ain't ready to drop that much on another car so I'm going used. I know you can get cars listed as salvage and it's only say the front bumper damaged so buy a front bumper for say $400 and install it and that's a 2015 Kia or Hyundai for $1800 :blessed:but idk if that little damage would be common for Porsches? :jbhmm:

TRBM

See me, only me...
Daps
Gonna be more costs associated than just a bumper if it was totaled for front end damage. Like breh said about the sensors

And totaled cars can still go for a lot at the auction

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Don't need a Porsche any will do but I said fukk it why not a Porsche? A new one would be preferred but like I ain't ready to drop that much on another car so I'm going used. I know you can get cars listed as salvage and it's only say the front bumper damaged so buy a front bumper for say $400 and install it and that's a 2015 Kia or Hyundai for $1800 :blessed:but idk if that little damage would be common for Porsches? :jbhmm:

Probably won't be able to get driver's insurance with a salvage title. Salvage cars are for salvage or off road use. (i.e. track days, which usually means you need a truck and trailer to get it to the track)

There might be some insurance companies willing to give you a policy with a salvage title, but good luck finding one that's good and affordagble.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps

I hope you plan on working on the car yourself and buying the associated service manuals, tooling, etc, otherwise you're lighting money on fire.

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
If you get a totaled Porsche or any sports car, you deff need to look into frame damage on it. IMO, it might not be worth it unless you are mechanically inclined, with a garage and can do the whole/most of the project yourself.
This. Knowing how to weld a little bit helps as well.