Looking Back in 2022, So Many Games Came and Went

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis: So I'm browsing YouTube and looking at GOTY videos, it dawned on me that 2022 was underwhelming as hell. So many games went under the radar or were dead on arrival.

Exhibit A:

Remember this game? Came out last October and was greeted with a meh to :camby:reactions, all because of the bugs and greedy nonsense of Blizzard.

Exhibit B:

Came out of nowhere and ended up being forgotten within the next week or so, due to its weird online only stance and the lukewarm career mode.

Exibit C:

aqZdSwWyy9JcQ66BxHDKrky6.jpg

Massive marketing but forgotten the next week or so.

Last but not least:

EGS_DyingLight2StayHuman_Techland_S3_2560x1440-f1dcd15207f091674615ccb4bd9dc3c7

Lol. Heavy marketing, but overlooked and undercooked.

Hopefully this year the feeling can be restored because quite frankly, the only memorable games from 2022 was Elden Ring,....sigh....Vampire Survivor, and Splatoon 3.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
god of war ragnarok forgotten? Lmao

You can’t say the best selling games of the year are forgotten. Especially when games like Ghostwire, Tiny Tina, The Quarry and a bunch of other AAA games dropped that no one talked about come award season.

Last edited:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Lol single player games will always come and go to an extent. After u beat them there isn’t a reason to continue to play it. Overwatch was the only game u said that made sense

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If it’s not the type of game that you can make funny gameplay clips of to put on social media then it’ll be “forgotten.”

Overwatch is passed over because all Blizzard games have terrible communities and I think you have to pay for new characters too.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're my marsupial, but this thread ain't it, breh. I think the least successful of those games might be Dying Light 2, and it still performed pretty well, and got a pretty decent hold of its audience. Gaming discourse is weird now, because if a game isn't to your liking, you can legit never hear about it, despite it being successful.

Even though it's currently in one of its normal downswings, Destiny 2 is one of the more successful games out there, and I imagine most people in this thread couldn't tell you a thing about the last year of the game, or the expansion that's coming out next month.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
ngl i thought the same thing about GT7 but its one of those evergreen games. Only reason its kinda low chatter is because it came out so early in the PS5 life cycle